GiulzFoc

Hatcharelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking online and seeing a bunch of different wax sets. Anyone have any recommendations for waxes to use to get a long lasting shine that isn't too expensive? Thanks!!!
Sponsored

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Meguiar's Ultimate
I agree with this ^ Synthetic wax that has been excellent. Last for a couple months and that is even after multiple rain showers almost every other day down here in South Florida. Very easy to apply as well.

OP
OP
GiulzFoc

GiulzFoc

Hatcharelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Meguiar's Ultimate
Could you send me a link? Def gonna order it as soon as I can. Also, do you know a link to any videos showing the proper way to wax a car? I've never attempted it lmao

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Speaking of claying. Has anyone who has clayed their car cause fine scratches? I used the Meguiars kit this week and I tested it on the trunk lid after washing and I got a bunch of scratches even with a bunch of lube, like dripping off and puddling on the ground because I wanted to avoid marring. Nothing deep and I am planning to polish or compound then polish the car next weekend just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
I'm still on the factory and dealer wax and use a car wash soap that doesn't strip wax and it gleams and is quite glossy.

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2014 Kia Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never clay a car unless I am planning on polishing it. It don't matter how careful you are while claying, it will still cause surface marring which will take away from the vehicles gloss and finish. I rarely use traditional waxes anymore as the durability just isn't there compared to sealants. I always liked Chemical Guys Pete's 53 in the past. I would recommend giving Carpro Reload or Gtechniq C2V3 a try. Both of these are spray sealants and quite easy to apply and will last months.

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I rarely get any scratches or marring with a clay bar.

If there is any, they are gone after I compound and/or buff polish/wax.
Trust me if I put a car under intense LED lighting after being clayed, it would have marring on it. Most people would likely never notice it, but it is there and will take away from the level of gloss on the surface. For most this really isn't an issue, as most cars are far from flawless to begin with.

I see you are also in Pa, where in Pa are you located?

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
I used mequiars wax products over the last 20 years and have switched over to Mother's products - California Gold synthetic wax/ clay bar etc. I like it a lot better than mequiars as far as applying, wiping it off and overall performance. I have also purchased a Porter Cable 7424XP random orbit polisher with different pads from autogeek.net. They had a good kit that was customizable to what you want. They have good videos too as far as step by step for good waxing and detailing. I would take a look, they review everything there also.

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would also highly recommend giving Detailed Images Ask-a-Pro Blog a look. There are a lot of how to guides along with many product reviews that will assist you in using products.