ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
In terms of ease of application and removal I've had great results with Chemical Guys Hydroslick and Meguiars Ultimate Paste. How well it glosses is based on your prep. In my case I'm more than satisfied. Chemical Guys says you can top the Hydroslick so I did that with the Meguiars Ultimate Paste. Excellent water beading, sheating and no powdery residue. I'm very happy with the results.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
Well, with the fall and winter behind us up here, I am getting excited to be able to clean and preen the car again.

As for my feelings on the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic? Excellent. It worked at LEAST as good as the Hydrosilex I was using before that. Doing it as a dry application is indeed superior but you have to not overdo it with spray. A little goes a long way with this stuff. Don't cut it either. Just be sparing with the spray and work smaller areas or panels rather than going bananas with it. I went too far on my first use and it took forever to get the excess all off.

After two summers of owning this car, the one thing I can say for sure is that the worst areas of the car for stripping of sealants/waxes/finishes is the doors. Specifically below the bodyline on the door panels. The aerodynamics of the car just seem to cause anything and everything to come off faster than any other part of the car. I could do the doors every month frankly. I think, if any part of your car had PPF added to it and you didn't want to pay for the whole car, then the doors, along with the hood, should be the main focus.

I just need the stupid weather to actually get warm around here. Still getting into the freezing temps overnight and not so super warm in the daytime. Soon though. May Cometh...

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
you want to claybar the paint finish before you wax it.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
For me clay bar and wax all in one day is too much time and work so the way I do it spread it out over three days. Roof, hood and trunk on friday, drivers side on saturday and passenger side on sunday. This accomplishes two things. 1- much easier and 2- I do a better job taking my time and doing it right as opposed to just getting it over with.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
you want to claybar the paint finish before you wax it.
For sure once a year or if you live where there is a lot of crud in the air (industrial fallout) or tar off the roads, you would do this more often.

Where I only really need to do it once a year, I set aside a whole Saturday to do a full cleandown on the outside. Foam, rinse, wash, rinse, clay, rinse, wash, rinse, dry, wax/ceramic spray. After that, just maintenance washes and touch up ceramic spray on the doors and hood as needed.

I have the first week of May off so I will likely get to finally do a full primp and wash for the start of the year too. (Wheels and tires and interior). This winter and spring has been too cold and long this year...

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
yea here in northern Illinois we're still waiting for spring to get here. We've had almost no warm weather yet. Next saturday they're saying mid-seventies so we'll see. So far everytime they say that it doesn't come true.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yea here in northern Illinois we're still waiting for spring to get here. We've had almost no warm weather yet.
We keep getting freezing overnight temps so I don't want to bring my pressure sprayer out of the house to the garage till I can leave it out there. Same for all the car cleaning supplies.