Acetheboy

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
Its really your offset that will determine the poke, +30 on 8.5 is dead center flush with the fender that’s why I say bring the 9.5 back at +35. I recommend buying the tires on tire rack since it comes with free road hazard protection
Their offset is +35 that’s why im assuming they’ll poke, right?. I just checked the PS4’s on tirerack, they’re only $10 more each, so that’s good, road hazards including screws, right?
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Their offset is +35 that’s why im assuming they’ll poke, right?. I just checked the PS4’s on tirerack, they’re only $10 more each, so that’s good, road hazards including screws, right?
+30 sticks outs more than +35. Screws? You talking about lug nuts?

OP
OP
Acetheboy

Acetheboy

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
+30 sticks outs more than +35. Screws? You talking about lug nuts?
I thought the offset is the opposite but now I got it, so what sticks out more 18x8.5 with +35 offset or 18x9.5 +30 offset?
No I meant road hazards including if a screw got into your tire they fix it?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey, mate! 18x8.5 +30 on 235/40s. Lowered about 1.5” in the front, and I rub on the outside edges of the fender liner on any real bump. The rear doesn’t rub.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask any questions.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best tire for 18x8.5 35et 1607749413764

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I thought the offset is the opposite but now I got it, so what sticks out more 18x8.5 with +35 offset or 18x9.5 +30 offset?
No I meant road hazards including if a screw got into your tire they fix it?
The bigger the number the more it sits up, smaller the number the more poke it has. Yeah if there’s a screw in it you get it patch set up a claim and they reimburse you. If the tire can’t be batch they pro-rate the tire

OP
OP
Acetheboy

Acetheboy

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
The bigger the number the more it sits up, smaller the number the more poke it has. Yeah if there’s a screw in it you get it patch set up a claim and they reimburse you. If the tire can’t be batch they pro-rate the tire
Got it, I’ll see if the guy has 2 more if not I’m ordering from tirerack.
How are these aftermarket side markers you have on?, are they good?
And check this out https://www.fitmentindustries.com/w...-regen5-r33-godspeed-project-lowering-springs

Last edited:
OP
OP
Acetheboy

Acetheboy

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
Hey, mate! 18x8.5 +30 on 235/40s. Lowered about 1.5” in the front, and I rub on the outside edges of the fender liner on any real bump. The rear doesn’t rub.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask any questions.

1607749413764.jpeg
Perfect, then I shouldn’t rub at all coz I’m not lowering, thank you man

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got it, I’ll see if the guy has 2 more if not I’m ordering from tirerack.
How are these aftermarket side markers you have on?, are they good?
And check this out https://www.fitmentindustries.com/w...-regen5-r33-godspeed-project-lowering-springs
They are some eBay ones, I just got them because they’re pretty dark smoked out. They have leds that are white and when you turn on the turn signal it turns orange but I didn’t like the lights. Nothing wrong with them, but for photo purposes found them to be a distraction. I’m not a fan of side marker lights to begin with also, so I run them with no wire connected lol.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
With H&R Springs on our Blue Si we had rub on hard dips/bumps when running 235/40R18 tires on 18x8.5 +35 wheels. Switching only the tires to 245/35R18 we got zero rub so it was evident that a taller sidewall is a bigger factor.

We'll be going with with 255/35R18 next year on the same wheel specs, and will have even more clearance with the help of the Whiteline lower ball joints that will add nearly 1 degree more negative camber at the front.

https://unity-performance.com/produ...civic-excl-type-r?_pos=1&_sid=d4f8f8faf&_ss=r

OP
OP
Acetheboy

Acetheboy

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
With H&R Springs on our Blue Si we had rub on hard dips/bumps when running 235/40R18 tires on 18x8.5 +35 wheels. Switching only the tires to 245/35R18 we got zero rub so it was evident that a taller sidewall is a bigger factor.

We'll be going with with 255/35R18 next year on the same wheel specs, and will have even more clearance with the help of the Whiteline lower ball joints that will add nearly 1 degree more negative camber at the front.

https://unity-performance.com/produ...civic-excl-type-r?_pos=1&_sid=d4f8f8faf&_ss=r
Perfect, I appreciate you sharing this man, I’m definitely going with the 255/35r18 on my 18x8.5+30 wheels and once I put them on will take pictures and post it here

OP
OP
Acetheboy

Acetheboy

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
They are some eBay ones, I just got them because they’re pretty dark smoked out. They have leds that are white and when you turn on the turn signal it turns orange but I didn’t like the lights. Nothing wrong with them, but for photo purposes found them to be a distraction. I’m not a fan of side marker lights to begin with also, so I run them with no wire connected lol.
That’s exactly why I was asking, I know they’re on ebay and Amazon and I wanted to get them coz I hate side markers too and I hate more that they’re orange, looks pretty odd, so it’s better to turn them black but I heard they’re bad quality, still wanna get them for the look though

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s exactly why I was asking, I know they’re on ebay and Amazon and I wanted to get them coz I hate side markers too and I hate more that they’re orange, looks pretty odd, so it’s better to turn them black but I heard they’re bad quality, still wanna get them for the look though
I can’t speak much on the quality of LEDs because obviously I don’t run the lights on lol, but for some reason the side markers didn’t fit because of a little plastic piece on the tab. I just got some nail clippers and cut it off and it fit no issues. That’s the only con I guess you can say, but besides that they’re great. I love them because they’re dark, no orange, and they never once come loose and unclip or collect condensation

OP
OP
Acetheboy

Acetheboy

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
I can’t speak much on the quality of LEDs because obviously I don’t run the lights on lol, but for some reason the side markers didn’t fit because of a little plastic piece on the tab. I just got some nail clippers and cut it off and it fit no issues. That’s the only con I guess you can say, but besides that they’re great. I love them because they’re dark, no orange, and they never once come loose and unclip or collect condensation
I wanna order them but the reviews on all of them are pretty bad, some say it doesn’t fit good and the rest say water gets in it, I might figure something out to make the stock ones smoked