Av00va

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Civic EX
Country flag
This has probably been asked, so my apologies. I tried searching. I'm looking to improve the body roll of the car stock. I don't want anything rough, nor do I want some track weapon. I just want the car to feel more composed when whipping it around. Stock it feels like it's a slight bit away from snap oversteering during an aggressive turn. I imagine sway bars might help, or different springs/struts. What do most people run that retains a comfortable ride? I really don't even think much of a drop is smart considering it's already low for a daily.
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
EXs don't have the ADS, yeah? That makes choosing a set-up easier.

I'd say just a mild lowering spring & damper set, but if you're in there anyways, swapping in a full coilover set is easier. You don't even need to modify the right height; just install and go. See how that feels, then mod the rear sway if you want even more turn-in.

So, I'd say coilovers and some usual bracing, then you'd be GtG. A front upper strut bar will help with initial turn-in feel.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
EXs don't have the ADS, yeah? That makes choosing a set-up easier.

I'd say just a mild lowering spring & damper set, but if you're in there anyways, swapping in a full coilover set is easier. You don't even need to modify the right height; just install and go. See how that feels, then mod the rear sway if you want even more turn-in.

So, I'd say coilovers and some usual bracing, then you'd be GtG. A front upper strut bar will help with initial turn-in feel.
100% agree. With coilovers you can adjust the height to your level of ride comfort and you get dampening adjustability. Also, adding the front USB and a beefier RSB will give you much improved steering response.

On the cheap, you could do springs but then you will be lowering the car. OEM struts aren't made to handle the reduced travel and continual life at a more compressed zone so they'll wear faster that normal. If you get springs, you should always get performance struts too.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
If you dont want more low but want better suspension, whiteline springs, whiteline RSB.
Sponsored