Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
My HKS Legamax didn't drone at all with stock DP and FP. Slightest amount of drone with RV6 catted DP and FP. Its not bad at all though and not noticeable with music on.

Sponsored

koochieman

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic Sedan, 2018 Black CTR
Country flag
@Lust Hey Buddy! im in the san jose area, have HKS legamax coming mid june but would love to hear the DP/FP setup you have installed with it in person. sounds great in the vids just itchin to hear it in real life haha.

Rickyshoots

2019 FK8 Black
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R FK8 SBP,E-250 cargo van,
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AWE track or Touring Edition both GREAT sounding I did so much research before I bought the track edition and I couldn't be happier

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
@Lust Hey Buddy! im in the san jose area, have HKS legamax coming mid june but would love to hear the DP/FP setup you have installed with it in person. sounds great in the vids just itchin to hear it in real life haha.
Good choice on exhaust! Hopefully after all the chaos settles we can do a CTR meet

CStew81

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
It's not all titanium, only the muffler and tips. Someone on the socal type r group has one and is immediately trying to sell it. Apparently it's loud enough to wake a city block lol.
Did he have it paired with a DP and FP or just the Tomei itself?

SiccTypeR

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type r 1999 suburban
Country flag
if you have the money to go with 27won.
The 27won said it had hp gains of around 16 and the AWE said around 5, do you know how true either of them are? If I have the money I'd like to get the hp out of it along with the sound

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
The 27won said it had hp gains of around 16 and the AWE said around 5, do you know how true either of them are? If I have the money I'd like to get the hp out of it along with the sound
It depends on where the gains are. 27Won's claimed peak gain is only like 7. Most of the gain, if any, from an exhaust comes from the midrange RPM (so you don't gain peak HP).

I should probably reiterate that I wouldn't be buying an exhaust for power alone. It's not a huge bottleneck on our platforms. Find a sound you like and go with it. If you're planning on pushing power, bigger diameter is better as it could eventually become a bottleneck. But at that point you wouldn't be looking at numbers over stock, you'd be looking at the max theoretical it could handle.

SiccTypeR

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type r 1999 suburban
Country flag
It depends on where the gains are. 27Won's claimed peak gain is only like 7. Most of the gain, if any, from an exhaust comes from the midrange RPM (so you don't gain peak HP).

I should probably reiterate that I wouldn't be buying an exhaust for power alone. It's not a huge bottleneck on our platforms. Find a sound you like and go with it. If you're planning on pushing power, bigger diameter is better as it could eventually become a bottleneck. But at that point you wouldn't be looking at numbers over stock, you'd be looking at the max theoretical it could handle.
Very true thank you. More than likely I probably wouldn't be doing anything else power wise besides looking into methanol injection to help cool and clean the engine.

elmoTK

R-00272
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW '17 CTR, '07 TSX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Posted in another thread but posting here also. Borla, no silencer plates installed, stock cat and front pipe. Some drone in 6th gear below about 70mph. No drone above that.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Posted in another thread but posting here also. Borla, no silencer plates installed, stock cat and front pipe. Some drone in 6th gear below about 70mph. No drone above that.
I get the most amount of drone with the Borla at 2500 RPM. If you avoid this RPM, you can deal with it for the most part, but some speeds will just have you revving out your motor at like 3-3.5k which can get annoying. Don't do 60MPH in 6th gear...

Edit: note drone is only if you’re wide open or partially open. It’s really no worse than stock if you’re using the full blocking plate.

Last edited:

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag