Best solution for slightly louder exhaust?

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did not love the sound of DP/FP alone. It is tinny and a bit raspy, as someone above said. For just sound, I’d rather do a catback with stock downpipe.
I agree.
I actually know someone who has an HKS Hi Power catback on his Si and it is about the same volume as the downpipe and stock exhaust is. I have compared the two in person and I love how the HKS sounds compared to my downpipe and stock catback.
Sponsored

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I mentioned this somewhere else but since its relevant - the Invidia Q300 cat back is 3 times as loud when paired with a PRL catted front pipe and downpipe, leading me to believe a ton of volume comes from replacing those two pieces vs just the exhaust. After experiencing both, I'd prob go with the DP/FP for the performance gain and leave the cat back alone, perhaps replace the muffler with a smaller one and nicer tips.

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
I mentioned this somewhere else but since its relevant - the Invidia Q300 cat back is 3 times as loud when paired with a PRL catted front pipe and downpipe, leading me to believe a ton of volume comes from replacing those two pieces vs just the exhaust. After experiencing both, I'd prob go with the DP/FP for the performance gain and leave the cat back alone, perhaps replace the muffler with a smaller one and nicer tips.
On my Sport Hatch I had the Borla Type-S both with and without the downpipe/front pipe. Started with just the Borla and it was much louder than stock. Threw the down and front pipes on several months later and that easily tripled the volume lol. It was so loud, I actually considered taking them off. That was the one and only time I've done something to my car that I actually thought may have been a mistake. That was when I realized just how restrictive the factory downpipe is

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
I had a vibrant muffler with stock resonator and now have the vibrant muffler and resonator. Its a little better than stock but i still find myself wanting a bit more exhaust tone. But i’m 42 with two young kids and i think any of the full exhaust systems is just too much so its the best for now. Probably too tame though for what you’re looking for.

Hazzard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
RV6 catted downpipe and front pipe sounds really good. It's louder than stock but not by much, and does have some burbles in there. Pops not so much
I have the same setup and people keep telling me that my car purrs at idle or low throttle. It sounds much better than stock but isn't too loud and actually adds power.

Jhmbl05

First Name
Angelica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I got the ATLP cat back exhaust last summer and was looking for just a bit louder than stock, but not loud enough to turn too many heads. Totally pleased with it. Makes the SI so much more fun to drive when you can actually hear it.

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
I have the same setup and people keep telling me that my car purrs at idle or low throttle. It sounds much better than stock but isn't too loud and actually adds power.
Yeah it sounds super good. I thought about leaving my car like that for a while but I missed having a louder exhaust

Testudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch exl
Country flag
Thanks for all of the replies everyone! I think a muffler delete would be too loud for my taste personally, so I think I'm leaning towards starting with a catted DP for now.
Did you end up getting the dp?

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag