aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Do any of you have favorite roads in southwest Ohio to rip around (safely and legally). I'm in the Dayton area and while there are some good ones around I'm always interested in hearing more. I know there are lots of great roads in the hills around Cincinnati, especially from the top of the hills down to the river. I prefer roads that are windy (whinedy?) but open enough that you can see around turns...

My favorite, in Dayton, and it is on my way home a lot, is a short stretch around the water treatment plant and the dump on roads called River Rd and Guthrie. https://goo.gl/maps/acR95HBNpqK2 Other than less than ideal visibility on either end and potential deer crossings there is a lot of fun to be had here. Beware the Police Academy near that white dot.
Honda Civic 10th gen Best roads in south west Ohio guthrie

What are your favorite roads?
Sponsored

spacemanspiff

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Civic Type R, 2006 Toyota Corolla S
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've always enjoyed driving Westwood Northern Blvd from North Bend Rd to Hopple St. If you can do it late at night, there's a good chance you can catch all the lights green, so it's one long, winding run down the hill.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best roads in south west Ohio Screenshot 2018-12-01 02.35.34

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are so many roads in the Smokies, it's hard to choose. State route 68 from Sweetwater Tn. to Mcayesville, Ga. Is a great 2 lane twisty road.

OP
OP
aighead

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've always enjoyed driving Westwood Northern Blvd from North Bend Rd to Hopple St. If you can do it late at night, there's a good chance you can catch all the lights green, so it's one long, winding run down the hill.

Screenshot 2018-12-01 02.35.34.png
I may know that road, I can't picture it but I haven't been down that way in a while... I'm jealous of a lot of Cincy roads.

OP
OP
aighead

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There are so many roads in the Smokies, it's hard to choose. State route 68 from Sweetwater Tn. to Mcayesville, Ga. Is a great 2 lane twisty road.
68, in general, is a decent road, very pretty scenery. I use it frequently to go from 35, in Xenia, down to 32, east of Batavia, and while I don't trust that there aren't a lot of cops (and there's always traffic) it is a nice fun road.

While in TN, try the greatest road I know... I guess it's Rt. 9 or Highway 25 (I always thought is was 25w) from Jellico to LaFollette. Twists like mad, some pretty sketchy, but all around and over the mountain. It's very good. Lots of short fast stretches, several blind corners, and many big open corners where you could use both lanes, depending on the time of year not much traffic.
https://goo.gl/maps/H4wT3xYhSVk
Honda Civic 10th gen Best roads in south west Ohio jell

Vrruumm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
There are some great roads out by Caesar's Creek, including Oregonia Road and New Burlington Road. Old Stage Road is fun, but it is chip and seal, at least it was a couple years ago. Wilmington Road (Route 7) is also pretty good and has some scenery.

If you feel like taking a 1-2hr drive across the Kentucky border, then KY-467 is a pretty good road. Honestly spending a day in northern Kentucky on the country roads is lots of fun. Smells like crap a bit here and there and roads are 1.5 cars wide in some places, but it is a blast. I used to do scenic road rally events down there about 10-15 years ago. Highly recommend Kentucky State Highway 22, if you have the time.

I used to live in Dayton, but live towards Lebanon/Springboro now. I take Lower Springboro Road to work as often as possible. It is a short little stint that is close to my house. I need better tires than the factory all-seasons to really push the car.

OP
OP
aighead

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the options! I used to have a buddy that lived in Ridgeville, so I imagine I've driven lower springboro a bit too... Wilmington Rd looks like a blast, at least for a little stretch.

I'm looking at Middletown Rd (Rt 30) on the map just outside of Waynesville, it looks short but fun too. I really like the open country but still curvy roads that aren't so easy to find. The lane and a half roads are often the best but very sketchy. The one I linked to in my first post is legit two lanes but has some deformity and it's common to have some big dump trucks or even semis on, making some of the curves very scary. One day I'll get with a friend and we can spot each other.
Sponsored