Best replacement battery for Civic?

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Costco Batteries are made by JCI - same supplier as Canada/US-Made Civics. The Kirkland brand is premium merchandise for an affordable-price. PLUS their return policy is one of the absolute best in the sales business - to the extent that, for warranty purposes, if you lose your receipt, they can trace back your purchase in their computer systems.
Sponsored

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
@Giltibo

do you remember seeing Group 47 / H5 sizes at costco? im trying to find a LN2 replacement.
I'm from nearby in the GTA!

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would have to check for that type or another that could fit (I know that there is at least one other type that fits, with longer holder bolts (that you can get an CanTire for only a few bucks). Don't remember which, but it's mentioned in a forum here on civicx.

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
I think people have fit in group 35 batteries with are dimensionally larger requiring removal of insulation and trimming the battery tray.
Both of these modifications do not interest me as I'm just looking for options that are a direct replacement without buying from Honda directly.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
So I'm considering just abandoning the Genuine Honda Battery for a better battery with more reserve power for when I'm not driving it for a few days. Any suggestions from those who have upgraded their battery?
The Genuine Honda battery has massive cold cranking amps for the engine size. I'm convinced you could park your Civic on the East Arctic Plateau overnight and it will still start in the morning..

razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sentra
Country flag
I think people have fit in group 35 batteries with are dimensionally larger requiring removal of insulation and trimming the battery tray.
Both of these modifications do not interest me as I'm just looking for options that are a direct replacement without buying from Honda directly.
I have a 2017 civic, dead battery. It is a group 47 and $200 at a canadian dealer. Does upgradeing the battery to a 35 battery void the power-train warranty? My power train warranty is till 160K km. I'm at about 60K km right now.

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
I have a 2017 civic, dead battery. It is a group 47 and $200 at a canadian dealer. Does upgradeing the battery to a 35 battery void the power-train warranty? My power train warranty is till 160K km. I'm at about 60K km right now.
I am unsure if changing the battery voids the powertrain warranty.

if you are concerned about warranty, perhaps you could ask the dealer to replace the battery under warranty if you still have coverage. Otherwise, I would spend the same amount of money to buy an AGM battery from Costco at around the same cost as the quote that you provided from the dealer. The size that you're looking for for an exact replacement is H5.
I'm from Canada too and I got the energizer H5 AGM battery from Costco.ca .

I should also add the warranty for the Costco energizer AGM is 100% refund over 60 months.
You can literally get a new battery every 5 years if you wanted to.

Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
OEM replacement warranty seems like a good deal if you intend to keep your car for many years.

rileyj98

First Name
riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe
Country flag
Look into the battery that the Canadian civic has, its 550cca rated and does a wonderful job. I’m up here in Canada and they come with bigger batteries then the US spec ones mine is a 2018 and on the original battery and hasn’t shown a sign of needing to be replaced anytime soon

razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sentra
Country flag
What's so great about AGM batteries? Are they batter then OEM.

Anyone got a larger size battery in their civic than the original?