Best recommendation for oil pressure/temperature gauge?

dd2016exs

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan
Country flag
I think you mean oil temp because oil pressure is explained in the message you quoted .
Install oil temp sensor on the oil drain plug .I'm using stack gauges ,they use autometer sensors so autometer is also good.
That's right, I meant oil temperature not oil pressure. So it looks like the drain plug style would be the answer. Cool- thanks for the reply. I'm considering the small round style guages from VDO.
Sponsored

Tic55

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Country flag
If you get a sandwich plate, do you have to run a oil cooler also? Or can you buy a sandwich plate with only sensor ports?

vgr_90

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8,fiesta Shelby 750 mk5,Leon5F
Country flag
Cancheked I don't know if it will work for fk7 but for fk8 it works very well, using only the obd port without the need for more sensors. ( You can add 4 more analog sensors if you want)
instalation
Honda Civic 10th gen Best recommendation for oil pressure/temperature gauge? Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-01-20 a las 18.27.37_591cef52

Last edited:

Higgo8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR GT
Country flag
I'm using a HEL sandwich plate, a P3 pressure gauge, AIM temp gauge and a P3 gauge which integrates into the drivers air vent.. very sleek and can toggle between analogue and digital signals should you want to also hook it up to your OBD port as well..

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
I'm using a HEL sandwich plate, a P3 pressure gauge, AIM temp gauge and a P3 gauge which integrates into the drivers air vent.. very sleek and can toggle between analogue and digital signals should you want to also hook it up to your OBD port as well..
Sounds awesome, didn't know about that HEL plate... nice!

I am curious about the sensor wiring to the P3 gauge ...

I'm going to be installing a similar setup on my K20C2
if you have a minute to share your experience,
my plan is sketched out here: post#9
Thanks!

Higgo8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR GT
Country flag
Hey buddy.

So in the end I had to hardwire for power for the control box, took that from a 12v switched source which is located from the middle 10 pin connector - grounded it on the earth on the front dash frame. You basically take the ground from the all the sensors and the box to the same point. The Vref for the sensor signal is the shown as per the P3 gauge manual from each of your sensors..
There is a bit of giggery poker when it comes to getting the right value.. with the temp gauge, I had to check with a IR temp gun on the sandwich plate to that of the gauge.. got somewhere close in the end 👍

Honda Civic 10th gen Best recommendation for oil pressure/temperature gauge? 20230525_151852

Honda Civic 10th gen Best recommendation for oil pressure/temperature gauge? IMG-20230524-WA0000

Honda Civic 10th gen Best recommendation for oil pressure/temperature gauge? Screenshot_20230522_141645_Outlook