Best quality strut bar for 2019 Honda hatchback 10th gen

Best quality strut bar for 2019 Honda hatchback?

• Total voters

Dannyshepp

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic hatchback
Country flag
Looking for your opinion on which company supplies the best quality strut bar for 10th Gen Honda hatchback
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
They all basically do the same thing but I like my Ultra Racing bar. It's a steel, one piece, powder coated bar that gets the job done. The white powder coated look may not be that exciting to look at but who really sees it, right? I also had a Sirimoto and the quality and sturdiness wasn't as good.

HexSosa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got one from Megan Racing as I have heard good things and was a slightly cheaper than the Sirimoto, Cusco and Tanabe it was $160.00CDN tax in. It was also nice I could get it from the shop I deal with in the East end of Toronto instead of ordering online with the other options as I was having trouble sourcing one other than online.

OP
OP

Dannyshepp

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic hatchback
Country flag
I just got one from Megan Racing as I have heard good things and was a slightly cheaper than the Sirimoto, Cusco and Tanabe it was $160.00CDN tax in. It was also nice I could get it from the shop I deal with in the East end of Toronto instead of ordering online with the other options as I was having trouble sourcing one other than online.

Where did you get this in Toronto?

FR32H OJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went with tenabe because you can make adjustments for a perfect fit to your car. none of the other brands were that way

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got the sirimoto one sitting in my garage, it did not fit right

Hnichill81

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
They all basically do the same thing but I like my Ultra Racing bar. It's a steel, one piece, powder coated bar that gets the job done. The white powder coated look may not be that exciting to look at but who really sees it, right? I also had a Sirimoto and the quality and sturdiness wasn't as good.
I was thinking I need one of these and a rear sway bar now that I'm tuned. They help tighten up the steering right? And does the Ultra Racing bar only come in white?

bdsport

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I preordered the DC Sports one, will post on build quality and performance feel once I get it

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I was thinking I need one of these and a rear sway bar now that I'm tuned. They help tighten up the steering right? And does the Ultra Racing bar only come in white?
I just bought and installed the Ultra Racing bar. So far as I know; it's only available in white. I've added strut bars to my Hondas in the past. And this experience was the same. I dunno all the technical stuff. But it's just a better, more defined steering feel. And it feels like there's less 'mush' or 'body roll' when I take a corner. Even without a tune (like me); it's just such a better feel. Good luck.

Hnichill81

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just bought and installed the Ultra Racing bar. So far as I know; it's only available in white. I've added strut bars to my Hondas in the past. And this experience was the same. I dunno all the technical stuff. But it's just a better, more defined steering feel. And it feels like there's less 'mush' or 'body roll' when I take a corner. Even without a tune (like me); it's just such a better feel. Good luck.
Yeah, ibthink that's my next mod, well that and a a cold air intake. Imnthinking of doing all 27 Won because it supposed to fit stock items, and I am brand new to this. Is about $230 normal for this?

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, let me try to explain. I kinda of consider myself the king of front strut bars cause I put them on all my cars. :)

When you go over bumps or make quick lanes changes or do hard cornering, there is some movement in the front strut towers. A strut bar is used to limit those geometry changes. The stiffer the bar, the better, basically. That's why I like the solid one piece bars.

With a good strut bar in place, the front end will feel a bit more solid over speed bumps and such. The steering often feels a bit more precise. The car will do noticeably better when making quick left-right (or right-left lol) lane change maneuvers, too.

But, one thing a front strut bar won't do is reduce body roll. You need to upgrade your rear sway bar to do that.

And yes, UR bars and braces only come in their trademark white powder coat.

For the money, my big 3 suspensions mods are:

1. Better tires
2. Bigger rear sway bar (but not too big)
3. Solid one piece front strut bar

Hope that helps.

Hnichill81

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok, let me try to explain. I kinda of consider myself the king of front strut bars cause I put them on all my cars. :)

When you go over bumps or make quick lanes changes or do hard cornering, there is some movement in the front strut towers. A strut bar is used to limit those geometry changes. The stiffer the bar, the better, basically. That's why I like the solid one piece bars.

With a good strut bar in place, the front end will feel a bit more solid over speed bumps and such. The steering often feels a bit more precise. The car will do noticeably better when making quick left-right (or right-left lol) lane change maneuvers, too.

But, one thing a front strut bar won't do is reduce body roll. You need to upgrade your rear sway bar to do that.

And yes, UR bars and braces only come in their trademark white powder coat.

For the money, my big 3 suspensions mods are:

1. Better tires
2. Bigger rear sway bar (but not too big)
3. Solid one piece front strut bar

Hope that helps.
About $230 or am I getting ripped off?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)