Best PSI for stock tires on track day?

niknatar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 1999 Mazda Miata
Country flag
I've been searching around and seen recommendations ranging from 35 PSI all the way up to 42. I know I'll have to play around with the pressures once I get to the track, but I was curious to see if people had any more suggestions for a good starting point.
Sponsored

Type R 761

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic type R and VW sportswagen AWD
Country flag
I've been searching around and seen recommendations ranging from 35 PSI all the way up to 42. I know I'll have to play around with the pressures once I get to the track, but I was curious to see if people had any more suggestions for a good starting point.
40 PSI hot front and 38 reer hot worked well for me

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Then reset it completely before and after tracking?
yeah, it's just annoying why honda went with indirect TPMS. on a weekend I went out with 33PSI (front) and 32PSI (rear) cold tire pressures for carving through some back roads and the TPMS triggered when the tire pressure are 38 PSI (HOT) (front) and 37psi (Rear) :doh:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
yeah, it's just annoying why honda went with indirect TPMS. on a weekend I went out with 33PSI (front) and 32PSI (rear) cold tire pressures for carving through some back roads and the TPMS triggered when the tire pressure are 38 PSI (HOT) (front) and 37psi (Rear) :doh:
I can get this if I drive too hard on the expressway or do one too many pulls. LOL. It's annoying I agree.
Sponsored