Best Product for OEM Black/Chrome Rims?

dieter21

WhiteWidow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey Everyone -- Just a quick question on what products people like to use on the OEM rims with majority black with the silver inserts in the spokes. Every time I clean my car, the rims seem to not be that clean when I'm done. They just don't shine like I expect them to. So just curious on any products people love that keep them looking nice and new and shiny.
Sponsored

Civicbruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Kawasaki ZX6R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have different after market wheels, but I used Wheelwax. It made them shine for about 2 weeks, but the brake dust builds up quickly. Over the weekend I used Cquartz ceramic coating on my entire car including the wheels so I will see how that turns out.

Danimal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
My ā€˜19 Si seems to make a lot of brake dust, and the black inserts on the rims are dusty looking within a week or so. I have been washing at least once every two weeks. My car is very new, so I canā€™t say it has required any special product to keep them shiny after a wash, but perhaps a good old clay bar is needed after a while?

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17ā€™ Si FC3, 17ā€™ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22ā€™ RL RTL-E
Country flag
A good wheel woolie (not a hard bristle brush), and a good lug nut cleaning brush.

I like mcguiarā€™s hot rims cleaner for painted wheels. Itā€™s not super expensive and works great. Specifically formulated to be safe on painted wheels. (The paint on the Honda OEM wheels is pretty thin and chips easy) Thereā€™s probably better, but it works fine. If you are actually taking time to clean the wheels properly, it doesn't matter what you use.

Simply spraying and rinsing is not enough to get the dust off. You need to agitate the dust in a way that wonā€™t scratch the soft thin paint on the wheels. Itā€™ll take at least 15 minutes each wheel to do it properly, but itā€™s worth it.

phutons

First Name
Phu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I use Jescar Power Lock Polymer sealant for my wheels twice a year and they look great. This sealant is also amazing for the car paint and super easy to apply with a dual action orbital polisher. I'll also apply Double Black Bead Maker after each of my 3 week maintenance washes. You should definitely try to wax your wheels every time you get a chance to wash and wax your car.

Prelude2CivicX

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 6 Speed M/T, 2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport, 1997 Lexus SC300
Country flag
Ive been using Brake Buster as a cleaner for my wheels. It dissolves all the debris and brake dust without having to scrub it. I don't leave it on for more than 15 seconds then power wash off. Then finish the wheels off with CG Waterless Wax and Wash. Does the job for me. I should add that I dilute the Brake Buster wheel and tire cleaner.
Sponsored

Last edited: