Best Place To Put Fog Lights On LX Honda Civic

Deleted member 3091

Hey guys, my Friend and I are going to install the lights below as fog lights. We would like to know where is the best place to put them? We were thinking in the black area of the front bumpers where the factory fog likes would go but only it would be a strip and not a circle. Can you guys really help me out?

Thank you! Honda Civic 10th gen Best Place To Put Fog Lights On LX Honda Civic ima
Sponsored

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't tell how big they are, but would they fit on each side in the black plastic piece on the middle/lower part of the bumper?

OP
OP

Deleted member 3091

I can't tell how big they are, but would they fit on each side in the black plastic piece on the middle/lower part of the bumper?
The box says they are 9 or 10 inches a piece. I didn't want to pay almost $600 to have the dealer install them and i couldn't get a deal through my sale's agent either. I just hope we get them looking right.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do they have brackets? Snap a pic of the back and bracket. I've used alot of different fog lights.

Last edited:

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if they are narrow enough to squeeze between the grill opening. Make a metal bracket cross-rod to mount the brackets behind the grill. Where were you thinking you wanted them the most?

OP
OP

Deleted member 3091

I wonder if they are narrow enough to squeeze between the grill opening. Make a metal bracket cross-rod to mount the brackets behind the grill. Where were you thinking you wanted them the most?
Well I wanted to place them on the outside of the black piece where the factory fog lights would go but only center them so they would look right on both sides of the front bottom bumper.
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Place To Put Fog Lights On LX Honda Civic honda Civic Front Bumper

OP
OP

Deleted member 3091

image.jpeg

I hope this helps

image.jpeg
Well here is what they look like...
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Place To Put Fog Lights On LX Honda Civic ima Honda Civic 10th gen Best Place To Put Fog Lights On LX Honda Civic ima

It it goes where your saying then my license plate is going to block part of it. If I put it on the bottom where you were saying then may that would work. I also took a picture where I said I wanted it too.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
My understanding of foglights is that their primary purpose it so make YOU more visible to other drivers in fog, and not to increase visibility for you.

Following that logic, you can put them where you originally wanted to put them, in stock foglight housings. They're LED so the light pattern is going to be very narrow anyway.

Plus it'll look much nicer, imo anyway.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess the best thing would be to just kinda quick set them in different spots, and step back to look at it until you find the exact spot you like best. They will work on the angled sides, but they won't help with your road visibility. Maybe the side visibility. If it was me, I wouldn't bother to install them unless they benefited my night vision.

As far as other drivers seeing you more...if they can't see our stock headlights as clear and bright as they are, they aren't gonna see those either. :thumbsup:

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on this? Would love to add this type of fog light to my LX

OP
OP

Deleted member 3091

Any update on this? Would love to add this type of fog light to my LX
I will work on getting a picture of what i ended up doing for you in a little bit. Standby...
Sponsored