Best place to buy a Catback exhaust in Ontario, or Canada?

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m shopping for a catback exhaust for my Civic Si Sedan. I’m looking for Canadian companies that sell these exhausts, or if someone has one for sale that would be awesome as well. The closer to London Ontario, the better if I can just pick up, but will consider non local if the price is right.

Mainly looking at the AWE Touring, MAPerformance Street/Race versions, Remark, or the Invidia R400.

Buying from the states, at least for now, is out of the question. Reason is I can’t go across the border to pick up, and a lot of the companies use UPS or Fedex and the brokerage fees are insane. If I could have, I would’ve got the Invidia, since it’s $700 USD after coupon from Procivic, but the cost to ship and all the brokerage fees I’ll have to pay is just insane and negates any savings.
Sponsored

PiAngelos

First Name
Hany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think Togue Touring in Mississauga carries the Invidia R400! Let me know what you come across - I would looking for a catback too once my warranty runs out

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m shopping for a catback exhaust for my Civic Si Sedan. I’m looking for Canadian companies that sell these exhausts, or if someone has one for sale that would be awesome as well. The closer to London Ontario, the better if I can just pick up, but will consider non local if the price is right.

Mainly looking at the AWE Touring, MAPerformance Street/Race versions, Remark, or the Invidia R400.

Buying from the states, at least for now, is out of the question. Reason is I can’t go across the border to pick up, and a lot of the companies use UPS or Fedex and the brokerage fees are insane. If I could have, I would’ve got the Invidia, since it’s $700 USD after coupon from Procivic, but the cost to ship and all the brokerage fees I’ll have to pay is just insane and negates any savings.
Jspec in scarborough is good. call them and ask for Larry

PiAngelos

First Name
Hany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the tip. I ended up talking to Erick there and he got me an Invidia R400 at a good price. Loving it! Thanks for the suggestion!
Can you please tell us your experiences with the r400?? And even better some sort of sound/video recording?? I can't find a lot of recordings for exhausts on the sports and sports tourings

OP
OP
Deleted User 1886347

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you please tell us your experiences with the r400?? And even better some sort of sound/video recording?? I can't find a lot of recordings for exhausts on the sports and sports tourings
Ive only got about 20 km on it so far. So far I like it. It’s pretty quiet at the lower range and really picks up when going all out, assuming a lot of this will change as I break it in, but it’s the perfect tone for me. Looks great. I’m at work tonight until 10 so I’ll try to get some sound clips and a cold start tomorrow morning.

Edit: there’s quite a bit of drone at lower revs, hoping that it quiets down with break in. I seen a thread with the CTR R400 having droning issues but didn’t see anything for the Si yet. Anyways, I’ll keep updated.

Got the install done at a local muffler shop due to the fact that my driveway is slopes and uneven so it’s unsafe to use jacks. Plus I’m working lots, so I don’t have a whole lot of free time. Only paid $100 plus tax to get it done, so wasn’t too bad, took less than 45 minutes to get in and out of the shop as they had a few cancellations.

Last edited:

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ive only got about 20 km on it so far. So far I like it. It’s pretty quiet at the lower range and really picks up when going all out, assuming a lot of this will change as I break it in, but it’s the perfect tone for me. Looks great. I’m at work tonight until 10 so I’ll try to get some sound clips and a cold start tomorrow morning.

Edit: there’s quite a bit of drone at lower revs, hoping that it quiets down with break in. I seen a thread with the CTR R400 having droning issues but didn’t see anything for the Si yet. Anyways, I’ll keep updated.

Got the install done at a local muffler shop due to the fact that my driveway is slopes and uneven so it’s unsafe to use jacks. Plus I’m working lots, so I don’t have a whole lot of free time. Only paid $100 plus tax to get it done, so wasn’t too bad, took less than 45 minutes to get in and out of the shop as they had a few cancellations.
great. where did you get it install?

r400 for ctr has some drone... I have ARK, it drones abit as well.
not sure how R400 would drone like.. but i like how it sounds.

OP
OP
Deleted User 1886347

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
great. where did you get it install?

r400 for ctr has some drone... I have ARK, it drones abit as well.
not sure how R400 would drone like.. but i like how it sounds.
Didn’t realize I didn’t reply, my bad.

Got it done at Mufflerman, they did it simple and easy and I knew the guys there, so I trusted them.

Initially the drone was awful, but now that it’s broken in and I’ve been driving with it on for about a week, and a few highway trips, it sounds much better with hardly any drone at all.

I initially posted it for sale, but I’m probably going to keep it. Its starting to grow on me a lot and I get a lot of compliments. I’ll post some sound clips that I took this afternoon while detailing my car.

I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8, 2019 SGP FK7
Country flag
CTR is so much worse with drone. I had one and sold it after a month. Best sound and tone for an exhaust but it was brutal to deal with drone going 120-130. At times, I found myself driving in fifth gear on the highway going 120-130 just to get the pitch higher to get away from drone. I had 1 friend out of all of them who liked the drone. We DJ so he said it reminds him of when he's in the clubs ?

But the hatches don't have the sound deadening a regular car has. Glad you enjoy yours! Super nice!

OP
OP
Deleted User 1886347

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CTR is so much worse with drone. I had one and sold it after a month. Best sound and tone for an exhaust but it was brutal to deal with drone going 120-130. At times, I found myself driving in fifth gear on the highway going 120-130 just to get the pitch higher to get away from drone. I had 1 friend out of all of them who liked the drone. We DJ so he said it reminds him of when he's in the clubs ?

But the hatches don't have the sound deadening a regular car has. Glad you enjoy yours! Super nice!
I won't lie, the first week was absolutely brutal with the exhaust. I read about all the drone on the CTR and I'm thinking "What the hell, nobody mentioned this about the Si!" I felt kind of cheated lol.

When I got on it, it sounded beautiful, but the drone and bass in the first 1,000 km was TERRIBLE at low range. It actually hurt my ears, and I promised myself that if it didn't get better within a couple weeks of it installed, I'd be taking it off, because I wasn't actually a believer in exhaust break-in until I got this one. Now fast forward to today, I absolutely love it, get head turns, it's stealthy but sounds aggressive when you want to, and had a few people pull up to me in traffic complementing it. It's a keeper for me. I get slight drone when letting off the throttle but it quickly disappears. Definitely tolerable.

Since I sold my PRL SRI, I'll be looking into a 27WON CAI next, then a tune. Can't wait.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have ARK.. it sounds great.. very aggressive.. it is loud but thats what i want
Except it drones..
I then switch to J'S full ti ...
It sounds similar .. very light but again it drones and the titanium resonates differently and got very annoying.
I have it for 5 days, my whole family hates it so i took it off and sold it ..
Now i am back to ARK.
I do like how it sounds.. it would be good if it drone less..
Sponsored