Best performing lowering springs?

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What's the best performance lowering spring for a SI? From others on the forum I heard that its swift springs. Any input would be great thanks.
Sponsored

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if you really want to throw your car around corners go for coilovers with rear camber arms
and front camber plates... this car needs front camber badly for serius driving...

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
The Swift Spec-R sport springs and the White line Lowering Springs have the highest springrates.

I have the Swift kit and they are fantastic while riding better than OEM in most conditions. Definitely firmer, but a lot of bumps that were scary on the OEM springs are practically nonexistent with Swift.

You definitely need camber arms to correct the rear camber, otherwise you overrun the fronts and understeer like nobody's business.

I have pushed my front struts towers in as far as they go and achieved -0.9 front and dialed in the rear to -1.6.

I'm happy with the configuration for road, but if I tracked or did autocross I'd probably want the front camber ball joints to dial up the front some more.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's Swift springs .They are the only one to have such high springrates and have a higher difference in springrate between the front and rear.Swift springs are also a high quality spring maker and they did great research into finding these spring rates for the SI.

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the inputs. I will most likely go with the swift springs, ill see how alignment is stock and go from there. Correct me if im wrong but looking for about -1 degrees camber in the front and -2 for alignment for good cornering

Ji671

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm debating about the spoon springs myself, most of the things online I've seen on the spoon springs are just on the Type R. I'm not to sure if anyone had installed them on a regular hatch or sedan. I'm going this route in hopes that within the next couple of years Koni does release shocks for our platform or maybe if spoon releases a damper kit.
Sponsored