Best Oil and Why ?!

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Boutique oils can have wildly differing additive packages, but many API approved oil, especially API approved oils that also carry the same manufacturers approvals as well (like GM Dexos 1 Gen 2, Ford 929-A, etc etc) can usually carry fairly similar additive packages... since the approvals do have some limitations on certain additives.
Sponsored

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So I know the common sentiment is "most oils are fine as long as they are the correct spec", but has anyone heard of 'Service Pro' brand oil? I'm thinking of going to a shop that says they use this brand of 0W-20, but of all the oil brands I've never heard of this one before. They are asking a pretty penny for it as well

CTRismybeater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 E90 M3 & 2019 FK8 CTR
Country flag
So I know the common sentiment is "most oils are fine as long as they are the correct spec", but has anyone heard of 'Service Pro' brand oil? I'm thinking of going to a shop that says they use this brand of 0W-20, but of all the oil brands I've never heard of this one before. They are asking a pretty penny for it as well
Service Pro has scored very well with PQIA for years now so I’d say it’s on par with Mobil 1, Pennzoil’s synthetic options or Castrol’s if not better.

Bannon

First Name
Bannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T
Country flag
I used HKS on my last service. Honestly, I prefer the oil the dealer uses which I find the car to be smoother.

Zaz1313

First Name
ZACH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Agreed 100%. Been using their oils in all my vehicles be it motorcycle or auto or truck. Just remember to get the Signature series. It's good for 25,000 miles or 1 year! However that is cut to 15,000 or 1 year whichever comes first if you sport the turbo due to 'severe service' which is what I have; the Touring. I change once a year. Also pick up their Ae filters to go with the extended drain interval.
What are the part number for all of this stuff? I understand how to find the oil. Just not sure on the "AE Filter"? Was gonna do Mobile 1 Filter with the Signature Amsoil. I do have a Turbo and the Car is tuned.

Ronin73

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Mobil 1 Extended Performance 0w20
Sponsored