Best navigation app/gadget for EX 2016

m_abdelfattah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX 2016
I just got my EX 2016 yesterday in Dubai, UAE and it integrates with both Apple Car Play and Google Android Auto, but here is the problem:
For Apple Car Play, Apple Maps does not support navigation in UAE!
For Google Android Auto, Google Maps does not support offline maps for UAE!

So, do you have any idea guys what is the best way to get navigation offline?
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I just got my EX 2016 yesterday in Dubai, UAE and it integrates with both Apple Car Play and Google Android Auto, but here is the problem:
For Apple Car Play, Apple Maps does not support navigation in UAE!
For Google Android Auto, Google Maps does not support offline maps for UAE!

So, do you have any idea guys what is the best way to get navigation offline?
Navigation... Offline. Considering my iPhone here in Canada can't even pinpoint my exact location without location services on let alone if I'm connected to something, I'm fairly certain what you're asking for is mutually exclusive.

To be honest though, me and the majority of the people on this forum won't be of help since we're from North America and we don't face this problem.

OP
OP

m_abdelfattah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX 2016
Navigation... Offline. Considering my iPhone here in Canada can't even pinpoint my exact location without location services on let alone if I'm connected to something, I'm fairly certain what you're asking for is mutually exclusive.

To be honest though, me and the majority of the people on this forum won't be of help since we're from North America and we don't face this problem.
I'm afraid you misunderstood me, of course I'll use the mobile GPS enabled. By offline I meant without mobile data :) Because the mobile date is a bit expensive!

GlassyIce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic
Country flag
I doubt it supports Car Play or Android Auto, but for offline maps check out HERE Maps.
The company has been sold like three times* in the last couple years so I'm never sure what it's future is, but it looks like it's still available and has maps for the UAE.

*It was originally part of Nokia, so then Microsoft, and now I think they've sold it to some consortium of car companies.

OP
OP

m_abdelfattah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX 2016
I doubt it supports Car Play or Android Auto, but for offline maps check out HERE Maps.
The company has been sold like three times* in the last couple years so I'm never sure what it's future is, but it looks like it's still available and has maps for the UAE.

*It was originally part of Nokia, so then Microsoft, and now I think they've sold it to some consortium of car companies.
Yeah, HERE Maps is good but does not support either Android Auto or CarPlay :)... BTW, there is also Maps.me which is good but not supported by both too!

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
I'm afraid you misunderstood me, of course I'll use the mobile GPS enabled. By offline I meant without mobile data :) Because the mobile date is a bit expensive!
What he meant is that mobile devices actually use mobile data to speed up/refine positioning. My phone will not get a GPS lock without mobile data unless I stand still for about two minutes.
Sponsored