Best method to clean hatchback lower black spoiler/trim?

Derangedcorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Hey everyone, so I just finished detailing after all the rain in socal and I noticed that the black spoiler (and any of the other piano black trims) are basically scratch magnets. Not as much as the one next to the shifter but still pretty soft... I clayed it lightly but it ended up causing some micro hazing :eek: It's not that noticeable unless I get right up to it but still, how the heck do I clean this part aaahhh!

Also, any tips on how to remove the haze on this plastic? xD
Sponsored

TAXMASTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 civic MT
Country flag
Monday the dealer is replacing my spoiler that they scratched, on Dec 10th when I took delivery, it's been a long process, they are actually swapping it from one on the lot. I plan on never cleaning it

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey everyone, so I just finished detailing after all the rain in socal and I noticed that the black spoiler (and any of the other piano black trims) are basically scratch magnets. Not as much as the one next to the shifter but still pretty soft... I clayed it lightly but it ended up causing some micro hazing :eek: It's not that noticeable unless I get right up to it but still, how the heck do I clean this part aaahhh!

Also, any tips on how to remove the haze on this plastic? xD
Its bound to happen eventually, unless you want to polish it out and grind down your clear coat to remove them, I just accepted the fact that its a car, its going to be used, and its gonna get light scratches. that being said, mine had swirls and micro scratches from my dealer washing my car upon receiving it. I just stripped the wax, clayed it and ceramic coated and sprayed reloaded on mine.

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
I have been rinsing my spoiler/skirts thoroughly with hot water before touching them with anything ...as soon as I saw them I could already envision swirl marks and scratches everywhere lol

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
place warm wet microfiber towels over them for about 5min
wash off
use a thick coat of liquid paste wax and rub it in with your hands
(don't agitate it all with any kind of cloth)
and seal
Sponsored