OctaneFix Magazine
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.octanefix.com
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R 2020, 96 Jetta VR6, 71' Corvette LS6, 72 240Z, 97 Supercharged Maxima A32
Country flag
Maybe this question already been asked but i'm scratching my head and debating on which way to go to lower my type R

I own a 2020 Boostblue CTR and I'm downsizing my wheels to 18''. But with the stock height, I hate the look of 18''.
I absolutely love how the car rides with the oem dampers and I want to keep it as close to oem as possible.

From what I know from Spoon Sports, i'm sure their R&D makes their lowering springs rides as close as the oem one with a lower stance.
but...
Does the price justify the quality of the product ?

I see alot of people driving with Swift Springs and Eibachs... Even though the ride height is almost the same, I've noticed their designs differs.

I don't care about the car being lower 1'' or .75'' , I just want the same suspension feel as OEM... No bounciness

Thanks
Sponsored

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/fk8-master-spring-thread.13848/

None of the aftermarket springs will ride exactly like OEM. The closest ones will probably be the ones that has the least aggressive drop and spring rate.

Honda did a nice job with the factory suspension tuning. What size tire are you running? You could remove some of the wheel gap by running slightly larger tire diameter.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Swift is what I decided on after much research. I like how you can still switch between driving modes, and actually feel the difference. It sits perfect and rides pretty good for a lowering spring. It does not feel like a cheap ebay spring on stock struts if that is what you are worried about. It doesn't ride like a chuck wagon.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
I currently have the Eibach Pro-kits and planning to replace them with the Spoon springs. Like you, I wanted to maintain the OEM suspension feel while reducing the wheel gap for my '18s. Although the Pro-kits satisfied the part of reducing the wheel gap, the ride is much stiffer (at least IMO) vs. OEM. Hence my intention to swap them to the Spoon springs, which I hear is more compliant. @02SilverSiHB did this swap, hoping he can chime in.

Regarding the Eibach vs Swift ride height being almost the same, are you referring to the Eibach Sportlines? If so, then yes the ride height are similar. Both lower the car more than the Eibach Pro-kits and Spoon springs. I'd imagine they're more stiffer as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dom_dub

dom_dub

OctaneFix Magazine
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.octanefix.com
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R 2020, 96 Jetta VR6, 71' Corvette LS6, 72 240Z, 97 Supercharged Maxima A32
Country flag
I currently have the Eibach Pro-kits and planning to replace them with the Spoon springs. Like you, I wanted to maintain the OEM suspension feel while reducing the wheel gap for my '18s. Although the Pro-kits satisfied the part of reducing the wheel gap, the ride is much stiffer (at least IMO) vs. OEM. Hence my intention to swap them to the Spoon springs, which I hear is more compliant. @02SilverSiHB did this swap, hoping he can chime in.

Regarding the Eibach vs Swift ride height being almost the same, are you referring to the Eibach Sportlines? If so, then yes the ride height are similar. Both lower the car more than the Eibach Pro-kits and Spoon springs. I'd imagine they're more stiffer as well.
After reading this... I think i'll go with the Spoon ones too.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I am loving the ride of the Swifts! I chose them because of the more neutral to loose handling due to the rear spring rates, allowing better rotation.

I also wanted it to be LEVEL F + R, others are not and that looks terrible IMO.

Frantic_FK8

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, 240sx
Country flag
Espelir probably has the closest to OEM spring rates that I have seen. I wanted to order them but was concerned about rubbing in the rear with my current wheel and tire set up.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Please link the spoon ones you end up going with and post up before / after pictures :)

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
Anyone rocking eibach sport line springs?

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
Just ordered H&R because of this, and its slightly stiffer in the back to help rotate the car better. I also ordered SPC rear camber arms to dial back the rear camber to further reduce understeer and because I'm planning to run 265/35 series tires.

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
I'm leaning toward Whiteline springs over Eibach Pro-Kit due to the rears being stiffer than stock, and that should make it more playful.

CaptClutch

First Name
Jaren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '12 Toyota Tundra, '98 Civic LX
Country flag
My car is running Spoon. It feels a lot like OEM and I do 90% of my driving in sport mode.

I have more pics in the CBP thread and the Titan7 thread.

2020-02-01 04.51.45 1.jpg
Did you cut bump stops or nah?

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
Did you cut bump stops or nah?
My buddy who did the install didn't cut them, so I'm not sure if that would make things feel better.

As it is, I don't find the ride all that bouncy but I'm fortunate to have pretty smooth roads where I live. If there is noticeable bounce, it's in comfort mode but I never drive in comfort mode. +R mode def feels the best IMO though.
Sponsored