Best LED brand for Converting stock low and high beam headlight bulbs on civic LX

novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0L NA 6MT
Country flag
Ah man it says the smoke and white led are out of stock
You have to pre-order and get on the waiting list (see @CanadiaegeanBlue for info). These side markers are in HOT DEMAND. I ordered mine back in April and was lucky enough to get in on that order run. They're supposed to arrive this month. Put your order in now and you'll have a nice surprise show up in a month or so. The wait is definitely worth it, they look better than any other side marker out there.
Sponsored

novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I installed mine on saturday and what a difference in brightness with just low beams alone...glad i switched it cuz it came the next day and didnt have to wait like 2 weeks for the other ones...Ill look into getting the side markers done
Glad you like them! I think they're great. Did you happen to do the interior lighting and reverse lights as well? The reverse lights are actually one of my favorite because they make a significant difference and look great.

OP
OP
TiN0350

TiN0350

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX sedan
Country flag
Glad you like them! I think they're great. Did you happen to do the interior lighting and reverse lights as well? The reverse lights are actually one of my favorite because they make a significant difference and look great.
No not yet im slowly doing one part at a time but ill get there! I appreciate the suggestions!

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah man it says the smoke and white led are out of stock
You have to pre-order and get on the waiting list (see @CanadiaegeanBlue for info). These side markers are in HOT DEMAND. I ordered mine back in April and was lucky enough to get in on that order run. They're supposed to arrive this month. Put your order in now and you'll have a nice surprise show up in a month or so. The wait is definitely worth it, they look better than any other side marker out there.
There's a button on the product page that will let you sign up to be notified immediately when I open up pre-order again :)

OP
OP
TiN0350

TiN0350

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX sedan
Country flag
Can you take pictures of the brightness on the road from inside your car? I actually switched from ordering the laxmas set to the ones you linked just cuz i can get them next day instead of waiting like 2 weeks. So many options out there i dont even know what to pick...i want to try hikaris but its got some iffy feedback recently

Hey so i began to install interior LEDs in my 2019 civic LX...the open door worked alright but once I put one in the map lights all my interior lights turned off and wouldnt turn on again...why is that? I bought the same sealight ones you linked me up with.

Last edited:

novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey so i began to install interior LEDs in my 2019 civic LX...the open door worked alright but once I put one in the map lights all my interior lights turned off and wouldnt turn on again...why is that? I bought the same sealight ones you linked me up with.
No clue. You must have made a mistake when you put them in, I'm not sure if you shorted something out. I put all of mine in with ZERO issues and they work flawlessly. Hope you get it sorted out!

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
Just ordered a pair of fan less bulbs, as I heard some complain that you can hear fan at times.

novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just ordered a pair of fan less bulbs, as I heard some complain that you can hear fan at times.
No fan noise with the bulbs I listed above. I had read that as well about some lights online, and was concerned, but I didn't want them overheating. Glad I went with these, like I said, ZERO issues, no fan noise.

novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You get those interior lights figured out yet? Make sure they are pushed into their sockets all the way. Let me know how it goes!

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
No fan noise with the bulbs I listed above. I had read that as well about some lights online, and was concerned, but I didn't want them overheating. Glad I went with these, like I said, ZERO issues, no fan
The Sealight ones you got are fanlesss though? Thanks for links think I'll be ordering those interior light you posted.

novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Sealight ones you got are fanlesss though? Thanks for links think I'll be ordering those interior light you posted.
They are fanless, I'm sorry I got mixed up on that, I remember when I was doing my research and ordering I read the same as you being concerned about fan noise, but also being concerned with over heating. The SeaLight ones I found explained that they have a non-integrated fanless design that is compact and silent, utilizes an advanced heat sink, and features a driver unit for increased performance and longevity. Supposed to have better cooling than cheaper made bulbs with superior performance and a long bulb life.

Let me know how your interior lights go. Hopefully it goes as easy as it did for me, I'm not sure what @TiN0350 did to encounter an issue. Hopefully he gets it sorted out and lets us know soon. Good luck!

OP
OP
TiN0350

TiN0350

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX sedan
Country flag
No clue. You must have made a mistake when you put them in, I'm not sure if you shorted something out. I put all of mine in with ZERO issues and they work flawlessly. Hope you get it sorted out!
I just plugged ghem
They are fanless, I'm sorry I got mixed up on that, I remember when I was doing my research and ordering I read the same as you being concerned about fan noise, but also being concerned with over heating. The SeaLight ones I found explained that they have a non-integrated fanless design that is compact and silent, utilizes an advanced heat sink, and features a driver unit for increased performance and longevity. Supposed to have better cooling than cheaper made bulbs with superior performance and a long bulb life.

Let me know how your interior lights go. Hopefully it goes as easy as it did for me, I'm not sure what @TiN0350 did to encounter an issue. Hopefully he gets it sorted out and lets us know soon. Good luck!
Blew a fuse, not sure how but it went. Problem now is one of the map lights are not turning on even when swapping a new light bulb into it...

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag

Thanks, from reviews I read, on interior LEDs, the ones you linked look solid. I'm getting led headlights this week, from diff company, but with similar specs as the Sealight ones

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
Are those interior lights a good fit, on Amazon it says it does not fit '19 Civic?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't really need to replace the high beams as most people use them so infrequently they make no difference. I like my Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0's for lows. Had Morimoto HID's on my old Sport and they are about as bright as those.
Sponsored