Best laugh I got all day was from the Honda dealer.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Saw this marketing sign in dealer. Lol yeah if you want Honda to decline warrenty service. Notice the exaust? Not talking about milage part of sign. Anyone who's been through the warrenty dance with Honda knows what I'm saying.
Honda Civic 10th gen Best laugh I got all day was from the Honda dealer. 20190227_101857
Sponsored

Last edited:

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current '19 CW CTR #23856 & '18 Accord 2.0T Previous - 2015 WRX, 1999 SI, '04 S2000, '08 Evo X, '10 SI sedan, '11 Fit Sport, '11 WRX, '13 ILX
Country flag
Denying warranty for high mileage makes sense, but I have had a modified exhaust on every car I've owned and never had any issues with warranty because of it? I might be reading your post wrong and if that's the case I'm sorry

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Denying warranty for high mileage makes sense, but I have had a modified exhaust on every car I've owned and never had any issues with warranty because of it? I might be reading your post wrong and if that's the case I'm sorry
It's cool not the milage part. I meant the do anything g to your car part. Friend of mine his R engine threw a rod they denied coverage because he deleted his resonator. I had an instrument panel issue in my Si and they denied it because I had a sub installed. I had a tire wear issue on a civic they even put out a technical bulletin on the issue and still refused to replace my tires that wore off because of it. Just saying, cant really do what ya want.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You can do whatever you want to your car just dont expect honda to warranty what you did to your car. Honda only warranties what Honda did to your car.

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
Never had a problem with warranty on any car I’ve had.

My wife’s cammed, FBO/tuned Camaro just got all the DI injectors replaced under warranty and they just talked about how good it sounded.

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current '19 CW CTR #23856 & '18 Accord 2.0T Previous - 2015 WRX, 1999 SI, '04 S2000, '08 Evo X, '10 SI sedan, '11 Fit Sport, '11 WRX, '13 ILX
Country flag
It's cool not the milage part. I meant the do anything g to your car part. Friend of mine his R engine threw a rod they denied coverage because he deleted his resonator. I had an instrument panel issue in my Si and they denied it because I had a sub installed. I had a tire wear issue on a civic they even put out a technical bulletin on the issue and still refused to replace my tires that wore off because of it. Just saying, cant really do what ya want.
wow I would have went to Honda Corporate... if you changed something on the car that could have led to or contributed to the failure then they are ok to deny the warranty, but an exhaust mod should never have allowed them to not cover the warranty unless the ecu showed over rev's and just operator error or abuse.

in your situation typically a dealer will not warranty anything electrical related if they see the owner has added any addition that taps into it, unfortunately even a subwoofer

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Guys /gals I know lots if stuff gets fixed. This really us a post for those who have been through it with honda. Like my friend, it's totally rediculous to turn down a warrenty claim on a blow engine claiming a resonator delete did it. Or that my instrument cluster issue was because of a power wire ran to the battery for the sub.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
What is the context for this sign? The top is cut off. Is it about the honda factory warranty? Extended warranty? Lease vehicles?

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Guys /gals I know lots if stuff gets fixed. This really us a post for those who have been through it with honda. Like my friend, it's totally rediculous to turn down a warrenty claim on a blow engine claiming a resonator delete did it. Or that my instrument cluster issue was because of a power wire ran to the battery for the sub.
I get the purpose of the post and the fact that dealers talk about personalizing your car when they are selling it and want to avoid you like the plague after the fact. I was just trying to add clarity to the specific situations as to why they were within their rights to do so and why the other case could have been pushed with corporate to get the repairs done ;)

I have had the dealer refuse to even work on my car before (running an LS-V in a 99SI) they were in the right to deny to even touch it because the engine was a Frankenstein and they may not have been able to diagnose it. I thought they could because it was most likely a vacuum leak (I ended up tracking it down at home later that day

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What is the context for this sign? The top is cut off. Is it about the honda factory warranty? Extended warranty? Lease vehicles?
It's not really about the sign.. why must everyone nit pick everything to death on this forum. I just though was funny they had a sign saying buying a new car you can do anything you want to it then give examples of things that they would deny a warrenty over. I really didnt think it needed explanation but... was just posting it kinda like a meme just face value... those who have been there would know what I mean. It's for them.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Saw this marketing sign in dealer. Lol yeah if you want Honda to decline warrenty service. Notice the exaust? Not talking about milage part of sign. Anyone who's been through the warrenty dance with Honda knows what I'm saying.
20190227_101857.jpg
i totally hear you!
been there. laughed at the sign.
:lol:

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I get the purpose of the post and the fact that dealers talk about personalizing your car when they are selling it and want to avoid you like the plague after the fact. I was just trying to add clarity to the specific situations as to why they were within their rights to do so and why the other case could have been pushed with corporate to get the repairs done ;)

I have had the dealer refuse to even work on my car before (running an LS-V in a 99SI) they were in the right to deny to even touch it because the engine was a Frankenstein and they may not have been able to diagnose it. I thought they could because it was most likely a vacuum leak (I ended up tracking it down at home later that day
I understand but no clarity was needed. It was just a for fun post not one to spark debate. I just kinda viewed it like one of those buy two beers and the second ones free signs.

EAClarke

First Name
Clarke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
This is why I don't modify my cars until after the warranty period. Dealerships will do anything to not do warranty work. It's not worth the fight. I can wait.
Sponsored