9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone! I just wanted to see what people use to clean and keep their interior clean. I use meguiars interior cleaner. For some reason, it doesn't seem to work. When it dries, the stains are back. Also, a friend spilled milkshake on my seat and can't seem to get it out using turtle wax's interior cleaner. So, what do you guys use? I have the non leather seats ( Civic Hatchback Sport). Thanks!
Sponsored

suckmyhatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Hatchback
Hello everyone! I just wanted to see what people use to clean and keep their interior clean. I use meguiars interior cleaner. For some reason, it doesn't seem to work. When it dries, the stains are back. Also, a friend spilled milkshake on my seat and can't seem to get it out using turtle wax's interior cleaner. So, what do you guys use? I have the non leather seats ( Civic Hatchback Sport). Thanks!
I use Chemical Guys Interior Cleaner. Its a yellow liquid that smells like pineapple/pina coolada type of stuff. I will say the smell doesn't last long (in my opinion) but while you're cleaning it smells great and also the stuff cleans the radio, doors, console, gauges and steering wheel very well. Bonus it has UV protection in it for your dash.

As far as cleaning the seats Id recommend Scotch Guard, spray it on wait 30-60 seconds then wipe/scrub it off or vacuum it out if you'd prefer. Let the car air out and sit for a little bit before getting in/using.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
I've experimented with a bunch of different ways to clean the seats (I have beige seats, BTW, so this seems to be a semi-regular activity..).

A big problem I was having is that any cleaner I'd use would leave water spots after drying. Think water "rings" or outlines around the area cleaned.

What seemed to make the difference was covering the seat with a dry towel after cleaning it and making sure the towel was pressed down onto the fabric really well. This eliminated the formation of the water spots regardless of what cleaner I used.

ek5.56

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
the chemical guys fabric cleaner is good. Folex is also very good. Dilute as needed depending on the level of stains. Use a brush, or better yet, get one of the drill brushes you attached to any cordless/corded drill.

R3D5IVE

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback MT6, 2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road MT5
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve tried many different products and always go back to Autoglym. Works great, fair price and smells nice, but not over powering. I also always keep a squash air freshener in my car

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Chemical guys new car smell. It's not exactly like new car but it has the same sort of new plastic/leather scent.
Sponsored