Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Sweet! What do you guys think about the hassle of installing the front sway bar compared to the potential performance gains? What about the whiteline springs? Performance wise are they worth it?
FSB is a "while you're in there item" - I waited till my clutch was going in because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of removing the subframe, and steering rack twice. Is it worth it when it's in? YES! The bar along with the Anti Lift Kit and a good alignment did a lot for high speed stability, and fast yet precise turn in.

I prefer Whiteline Springs for their stiffer spring rate; good for AutoX and Roadcourse, but not crashy. Plus I wanted the least drop for most clearance.
https://unity-performance.com/collections/2016-honda-civic-sedan/products/whiteline-lowering-springs

Eibach Pro-Kit are really good too. They sit a tad lower, and are a tad softer sprung.
https://unity-performance.com/colle...lowering-springs-all-civic-excl-si-and-type-r
Sponsored

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
Sweet! What do you guys think about the hassle of installing the front sway bar compared to the potential performance gains? What about the whiteline springs? Performance wise are they worth it?
Beefing up the FSB will reduce the effects of the RSB. The car will feel more solid but also more resistant to turning.
In fact, some autocrossers go to the extreme and remove it completely for better exit out of corners...

OP
OP
Alj888

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
FSB is a "while you're in there item" - I waited till my clutch was going in because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of removing the subframe, and steering rack twice. Is it worth it when it's in? YES! The bar along with the Anti Lift Kit and a good alignment did a lot for high speed stability, and fast yet precise turn in.

I prefer Whiteline Springs for their stiffer spring rate; good for AutoX and Roadcourse, but not crashy. Plus I wanted the least drop for most clearance.
https://unity-performance.com/collections/2016-honda-civic-sedan/products/whiteline-lowering-springs

Eibach Pro-Kit are really good too. They sit a tad lower, and are a tad softer sprung.
https://unity-performance.com/colle...lowering-springs-all-civic-excl-si-and-type-r
Thanks for the explanation... I’ll prolly go with the springs for now then coilovers whenever I decide to do wheels! Fsb I think I’ll hold off on til after I drive the car with springs, rear sway bar, chassis bracing I got coming on top of the type r subframe brace, new wheels and coilovers, and finally a good alignment and well see if I feel the need!

OP
OP
Alj888

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
Beefing up the FSB will reduce the effects of the RSB. The car will feel more solid but also more resistant to turning.
In fact, some autocrossers go to the extreme and remove it completely for better exit out of corners...
Hmmm I’ll have to see how I feel after the rsb and some other mods.... definitely on the radar tho.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hmmm I’ll have to see how I feel after the rsb and some other mods.... definitely on the radar tho.
For sure. I hated when I installed more parts at the same time.
It makes it hard to appreciate the effect of each individual part. Off course is not completely straight forward because they combine and influence each other, but still.

Do some, see how it feels, then you know what you want to improve/correct after driving it (and enjoying it) for a while. I find it more fun this way.
In my case, for example I'd love some better shocks...

OP
OP
Alj888

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
It makes it hard to appreciate the effect of each individual part. Off course is not completely straight forward because they combine and influence each other, but still.

Do some, see how it feels, then you know what you want to improve/correct after driving it (and enjoying it) for a while. I find it more fun this way.
I’m with you on that... I’ll update when I get the RSB and drive it for a week or two!

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag

Agreed, this would be ideal but also time-consuming and costly for those who have to get a shop to work on their car.

When modifying our Blue Si, we did a lot of the rear suspension in one-go, and then after several thousand km's and an AutoX day we did all the front suspension modifications. I didn't get a chance to AutoX the car after the ALK and FSB, but at Cayuga and Shannonville I have never felt the car so stable at high speeds, and planted in turns :)

Our Red Si we are modifying and testing slowly part by part, while Blue leads the way for testing all the parts!

www.unity-performance.com

Last edited:

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Agreed, this would be ideal but also time-consuming and costly for those who have to get a shop to work on their car.

When modifying our Blue Si, we did a lot of the rear suspension in one-go, and then after several thousand km's and an AutoX day we did all the front suspension modifications. I didn't get a chance to AutoX the car after the ALK and FSB, but at Cayuga and Shannonville I have never felt the car so stable at high speeds, and planted in turns :)

Our Red Si we are modifying and testing slowly part by part, while Blue leads the way for testing all the parts!

unity-performance.com

Completely agree for the "while you are in there" parts, like you said.
I find it great for the small effect bits, like Front end links and strut bar.

I would have loved to have some good shocks to try with the Si springs. Not to hijack the thread but if know of any, give me a shout.

Sometimes improvements come unexpectedly. I drove my CSX TypeS for years with a polyurethane rear motor mount and appreciated the results.
When the tranny was rebuilt, I decided to complete the Hasport Mount set and installed the left and right ones.
Don't remember why, but later I decided to install the Innovative front engine mount.

It took me by surprise to find that low speed, tight cornering improved significantly.
The little wobble that I didn't even know it was there completely disappeared. Front of the car felt lighter and just wanted to turn...

I'm wondering if same effect would occur in the civicx. Maybe not, engine being lighter? Or maybe it'll cause more vibrations since it's a coarser engine?

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
When upgrading the suspension on my DC2 things I thought were perfectly fine got better and everything I didn't like disappeared. I'm hoping for similar with my FC1.

my ethos for modifying cars is:

If I need to take anything off of the car & there is a better part, the better part is what's going back on.

It makes a real difference in how much time is spent installing and re installing factory parts.
does make it harder to relate a specific change to a specific part, but if you modify the chassis(install all braces at once) you can instantly feel a difference and your current setup will need to be tuned to take full advantage.