Mikias

First Name
Mikias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
It seems like Ebay grilles are hit or miss in the fitment department but I'm looking to buy one here soon. Can anyone recommend a relatively decent grille for me?

Thanks.
Sponsored

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
It seems like Ebay grilles are hit or miss in the fitment department but I'm looking to buy one here soon. Can anyone recommend a relatively decent grille for me?

Thanks.
While I didnt go for ebay, I was looking at the ebay, procivic and fkx offerings. I got the fkx and can let you know how the fitment is after install

OP
OP

Mikias

First Name
Mikias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
While I didnt go for ebay, I was looking at the ebay, procivic and fkx offerings. I got the fkx and can let you know how the fitment is after install
Won't there be a difference between Si and Type-R?

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Won't there be a difference between Si and Type-R?
I appreciate you asking because it made me double check. The pro civic offering looks like it has specific selections. The fkx one (which I got for my si sedan) says it fits all body codes (I think?)
http://www.fkxracing.com/10TH-GEN-CIVIC-HIGH-FLOW-COOLING-GRILL-BLACK-FK8-FK7-FC3-FC1-FKXFCBG.htm

The bumpers are different for sure

I know you asked about ebay buy I'm just trying to pitch in where I can since it looks like no one else had answered. I can definitely let you know how it goes and upload photos of the fitment for the fkx when its installed

MaTtKs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FKX fits perfect. The other positive about the FKX is that the badge mount is a base piece that clips into the grille. The FKX also fits a 10th gen badge, unlike most EBay and Procivic grilles.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag

Thanks.
Other than OEM, there is none. If you browse a bit, you will find other fellow owners feedback about how bad is the fitting when it comes to that part, this is applicable from the eBay special to the most expensive one. So proceed with caution and get true expectations.

Note: for what we need it, best bang for your buck is the eBay special grill.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
/\ Interesting, the FK8 doesn't have that extra bar above the crash bar. A little black paint should take care of that though.

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Update: fkx grill installed. Fitment is worse than OEM but is acceptable. Overall, happy with it, since I used it to replace a damaged oem grille. Also gave me the chance to fix bumper fitment since my driver side was sagging

Will get photos in the daylight

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Attaching photos. Biggest concern is the gap between the top, the other two concerns are more of trade offs due to having a more exposing grill (crash bar showing and the ebay si badge backing showing). Took like 30 minutes to get an acceptable (by my standards) fitment. Image with damaged grill is my oem, which is the reason for getting a new grille. any fitment aftermarket is better than damaged. Also, I used the OEM eyebrows even though it came with replacements. The oem eyebrows have clips whereas the aftermarket are just adhesive. I was also having a bumper sag issue that was fixed by reattaching the bumper. Overall happy with how it all turned out, but form your own opinion. Hope this helps.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Fitting Ebay-Style Grille? 20200322_124204
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Fitting Ebay-Style Grille? 20200322_124204
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Fitting Ebay-Style Grille? 20200322_124146
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Fitting Ebay-Style Grille? 20200322_124051
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Fitting Ebay-Style Grille? 20200322_121305
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Fitting Ebay-Style Grille? 20200322_121300
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Fitting Ebay-Style Grille? 20200302_205707

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just came here to say that i also bought the FKX racing grill, and it had some quality issues. The topside clips didn't all line up with the openings in the bumper, there were a few spots where the plastic was bowed, didn't want to snap in to the bumper when i installed it, so i had to use zip ties. I've since taken it off and put back on the OEM. Wish honda made an HFP high flow grill...

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a track civic knock off and fitment is on point, very happy with it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Fitting Ebay-Style Grille? TCgrill

Fk8Desu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '13 Acura TL SHAWD, '12 Acura RDX, '05 Acura TSX
Country flag
I have a track civic knock off and fitment is on point, very happy with it.

TCgrill.jpg
Man, I've been trying to find a grill like this for a long time. I'm glad your grill has perfect fitment? Mind if I ask for a link?

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, I've been trying to find a grill like this for a long time. I'm glad your grill has perfect fitment? Mind if I ask for a link?
I don't have a link because I bought it off FB, this is the company I got it from. Slow service BTW just a heads up lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Fitting Ebay-Style Grille? Screenshot_20200202-195948_Messenger

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have a link because I bought it off FB, this is the company I got it from. Slow service BTW just a heads up lol.

Screenshot_20200202-195948_Messenger.jpg
Any bowing/waves in the plastic? Also, what is that bumper?