cory13

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020
Country flag
Hi everyone! I'll be buying an exhaust for my si beginning of January - mid January and my first option was the MAPerformance race exhaust but i was wondering are there better options?
Thanks in advance
Sponsored

topher_fc3

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Itā€™s all preference for sound and looks for the most part. I canā€™t think of any that are objectively ā€œbetterā€ than the rest, just matters on budget, looks, and sound. If youā€™re wanting to be slammed maybe keep in mind how low the mufflers hang as something like the greddy may scrape.

Iā€™d recommend spending some time on YouTube listening to sound clips with headphones on.

This one covers some good options.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Borla is what I would want. I saved 1,200 dollars and went with dual muffler delete. I ditched almost 80 pounds. It's very subjective. I am not at all bothered by drone. There is certainly some drone at certain speeds. At highway speed no drone at all.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Itā€™s all preference for sound and looks for the most part. I canā€™t think of any that are objectively ā€œbetterā€ than the rest, just matters on budget, looks, and sound. If youā€™re wanting to be slammed maybe keep in mind how low the mufflers hang as something like the greddy may scrape.

Iā€™d recommend spending some time on YouTube listening to sound clips with headphones on.

This one covers some good options.

+1 personal preference on sound and looks. For myself on our Blue Si, I much prefer triple tips after trying out several exhaust setups.

Also keep in mind it's not the catback exhaust which makes the most difference in how loud the car is; changing to an aftermarket DP has the most impact, so you should look for clips with and without an aftermarket DP. For example, Stock DP + AWE FP (included) + AWE Track is quieter than aftermarket DP + AWE FP (included) + AWE Touring. We certainly recommend going with an exhaust with a middle resonator and rear muffler(s) if you will be adding a downpipe for less drone and a decent tone

AWE is the system we chose to offer currently after testing several systems.
https://unity-performance.com/products/awe-tuning-exhaust-2017-civic-si

OP
OP
cory13

cory13

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020
Country flag
Currently I'm still looking at options because I forgot California is very picky at what you add to your car and what you do to it

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Loving the Borla love on this thread. I can attest, it sounds great (no drone imo) but couldn't give you a comparison to anything except resonator delete.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Currently I'm still looking at options because I forgot California is very picky at what you add to your car and what you do to it
Have sent out quite a few AWE systems to Cali, no issues reported from customers. Changing the Front Pipe, and/or Catback will not have an impact on your emissions. If you want to be extra careful then you should stick to an exhaust with a visible rear muffler

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the 27Won, and this vid, skip to 3:31 to avoid the chatter, is pretty close to what it sounds like in person.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best exhaust E44B2A5A-13C3-4F7E-B9B1-484BA1489DCC

Honda Civic 10th gen Best exhaust 5E14A34E-846E-4F1F-A08E-B9D30AB99FD8

Janssen098

First Name
Janssen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
Hi everyone! I'll be buying an exhaust for my si beginning of January - mid January and my first option was the MAPerformance race exhaust but i was wondering are there better options?
Thanks in advance
I am interest in maperformance exhaust as well was going to get down pipe from them as well. Just donā€™t know how I feel about the Quad tip Iā€™m 50/50 on it but from the videos I heard it sounds amazing no matter which one you choose would probably do street myself.

merakiautoworks

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
A bit of everything..
Country flag
If you're interested in the MAperformance exhaust, we can get you a discount on one. Also other brands like Borla, AWE Tuning, etc we have in stock. Greddy and HKS are usually sold out but have them from time to time too.

-Josh

OP
OP
cory13

cory13

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020
Country flag
I like the tri-tips and quad-tips better I feel like the double ones look "empty" I'm still doing research and trying to find a video that compares a good range of exhausts

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag