Hippie_Hatch

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
I just wanted to post this as a little advice for anyone wanting to mod their exhausts but are on a budget. I looked around for a long long time and finally found the perfect setup atleast for me. Muffler delete, 2.5in piping and stick a vibrant standard 12in resonator in place of the stock one. It gives the perfect volume with that deep bass grumble tone. None of that raspy Honda tone you’d think you would get. All together with the install and price of parts it cost $200. Not bad for how good it sounds.
Sponsored

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I just wanted to post this as a little advice for anyone wanting to mod their exhausts but are on a budget. I looked around for a long long time and finally found the perfect setup atleast for me. Muffler delete, 2.5in piping and stick a vibrant standard 12in resonator in place of the stock one. It gives the perfect volume with that deep bass grumble tone. None of that raspy Honda tone you’d think you would get. All together with the install and price of parts it cost $200. Not bad for how good it sounds.
I think opening up the diameter helps with this. I initially had the stock piping+muffler delete+Magnaflow resonator and while the exhaust was good below 2500 rpm, there was horrible droning at 3000-4500. I recently had a custom Magnaflow axle back installed and now it’s perfect. I legit wouldn’t change it for anything. It sounds almost exactly like Magnaflow’s cat back system for the hatchback for 1/4 the price.

Seems like if people want to keep stock diameter you definitely need to have a resonator/muffler combo. If you open the diameter, then you can run either just a resonator or muffler. Probably a good rule of thumb to use for anyone going the custom route.

Nick20

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Coupe Manual
Country flag
What about HKS ?

verzachaye

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
might try something like this. any drone in the lower rpms?

NoobDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Any sound clip for the muffler delete + vibrant resonator?..

NoobDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Hippie_Hatch is there a big difference from stock compared to the vibrant 1792.. sound tone or loudness less/bearable drone?

OP
OP

Hippie_Hatch

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
Any sound clip for the muffler delete + vibrant resonator?..

This is a little flyby video of the exhaust. As you can hear it’s got a deep tone and pops a little bit in first and second. Also sorry for the crappy videography ? had to take this quick before the neighbors got pissed.

NoobDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

This is a little flyby video of the exhaust. As you can hear it’s got a deep tone and pops a little bit in first and second. Also sorry for the crappy videography ? had to take this quick before the neighbors got pissed.
Haha kinda late now but appreciate the effort and reply thank you.. i went with it the only thing is i did not have the pipe replace for 2.5 (forgot to tell them) they then just made adaptors for the 2.5 reaonator i had then deleted the muffler. I have drone on 1.5ish and 3kish rpm but dont bother me coz i can just change gear to kinda avoid those..my co worker who have a fusion that have muffler delete said he notice what mufflers i have and said its nice not load and not quiet. Now planning to put noico sound deadening on the doors and the trunk..and hope to deaden the sound going inside the cabin

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I've been saying this since I got my custom exhaust setup, with an upgraded dp/fp is sounds pretty substantial at a fraction of the cost.

I do have an oval magnaflow muffler at the end, but I'm not sure how much it mutes the sound. The shop did a sound test with/without the muffler back when I had the stock catback and it sounded roughly the same volume/tone except it sounded ever so slightly smoother. I mostly decided to keep it in case a cop decided to give me trouble about having no mufflers.

This was the first time I heard someone else drive my car and I was surprised at how much the bass filled the air. The video doesn't quite capture the full effect, try listening with earphones

Can you please pm the parts bro
Sponsored