Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type R
Country flag
Invidia Q300 with titanium tips.

Love it!
Deep tone and not obnoxious.

Personally I found my PRL high volume intake changed the sound of my car way more.
It has a nice swoosh on each shift.

I’ll post video if anyone requests.
Sponsored

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag

Love it!

Personally I found my PRL high volume intake changed the sound of my car way more.

Yes please! That's on my shortlist

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think anyone that spends a lot of money on a Type R exhaust either has too much money to burn, or more likely just doesn't know how awesome a CTR sounds with a simple, inexpensive muffler delete. Just my humble opinion.

IMG_4200.JPG
This drone-full solution to me (remember old guy, sorry if you don’t get this young peeps) is the equivalent of buying a Buick Opel GT instead of a Corvette of the same era. This lame cheapskate attempt at audible performance that takes careful tuning like making bells requires more than just ripping parts out to achieve decibels.

Honda Civic 10th gen BEST EXHAUST FOR CIVIC TYPE R?? 58DFD824-0948-4D0B-89E7-DE88023C575F

Honda Civic 10th gen BEST EXHAUST FOR CIVIC TYPE R?? A99B60A4-0445-402C-9EF0-2E400DAB8B4C

Please let me apologize up front for laughing at you directly if you we show up to the same car show. ???

Last edited:

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
i've installed about 7 exhaust systems on my own and friends type r's and my preference so far has been (ranked from top to bottom) :

Spoon
Fujitsubo
AWE touring
Greddy DDR
J's - this one fit the nastiest out of all of them
27won

vleal12

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW Honda Civic Type R
i've installed about 7 exhaust systems on my own and friends type r's and my preference so far has been (ranked from top to bottom) :

Spoon
Fujitsubo
AWE touring
Greddy DDR
27won
I’ve never removed any exhaust before... is it difficult? I am purchasing the AWE Touring and plan on doing it myself.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ve never removed any exhaust before... is it difficult? I am purchasing the AWE Touring and plan on doing it myself.
it’s really easy! It’s a bunch of clips to take off lol which is what you’ll notice is the tedious part. The oem exhaust is one piece so hopefully you have a place to store that monster lol.

Also to make your life easier I would suggest you get an exhaust hanger removal tool.This tool is awesome. Don’t forget WD40 is your friend!

something like this :
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lisle-E...EMyOnGrs-meMigWmZwRoC8XoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
AWE knocked it out of the park with their exhaust options! I would definitely recommend Touring for the full experience, especially if you have an aftermarket DP already on or planned. Track would be for the hardcore enthusiast, and with the hatch's open cabin some drone can be expected but not terrible.

If you'd like to check out AWE on our site for the CTR:
https://unity-performance.com/colle...ts/awe-tuning-exhaust-suite-2017-civic-type-r

Here's a reaction video of a good friend and customer :)

Tyrannosaurus WRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Country flag

Love it!

I've often wondered about this exhaust. Would love to and exterior driving away sound clip of this exhaust.

The most important question is there any drone at all??

Tyrannosaurus WRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Country flag

Spoon
Fujitsubo
AWE touring
Greddy DDR
27won
When you say preference, do you mean ease of install? Or preference for which sounds the best being that you have gotten to hear more than most of us.

I'm even more curious as to why the 27Won is all the way in last???

whereir

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
type R fk8
Country flag
I spend 10 days choosing exhaust, The
Fujitsubo Authorized RM Titanium Exhaust is BEST

CLOSE TO RACING CAR

BUT TOO EXPENSIVE,

Invidia r400 is a good cheap option

Last edited:

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When you say preference, do you mean ease of install? Or preference for which sounds the best being that you have gotten to hear more than most of us.

I'm even more curious as to why the 27Won is all the way in last???
Somewhat yes on the ease of install..

Spoon - everything fit amazing. Barely any adjustment was needed. The front pipe went in like butter... the sound for me on this one is awesome. It's not loud and obnoxious. It doesn't scream look at me. and for someone like myself who is into nostalgic JDM stuff the N1 shape Spoon used on this one is super OG hearkening back to their old school systems. It's also a full 70mm no taper system.

Fujitsubo - amazing fit as well. The slip on joints helped and also barely needed any adjustment. Also was titanium.. can't beat that in terms of weight... but maybe the Tomei might be lighter.. But the Tomei systems are US systems and not made by Tomei Japan. Also its Fujitsubo..they are JDM goodness and are OG just like Spoon.

AWE- I love the exhaust note out of this exhaust. I've installed 2 of these systems and the FP gave me issues. Even with taking out the heat shield which makes it easier it still gave me issues. Eventually with some swearing and maneuvering the FP went on. This system needed quite a bit of adjustments to sit correctly but man once it did, it looked great. You need to bash in the heat shield a little so the FP can clear it. Also after a month or two my buddy experienced some bad rattle. Turns out the passenger exhaust arm was rattling against part of the car.. so we went back and adjusted and now it's gone. Hopefully gone for good. But it was interesting to see it was only one side that moved.

Js racing -Well i'm a huge sucker for the dolphin style tip, especially the days of the Re Amemiya exhausts so when this came out for our cars I needed to experience it. So let me say this exhaust is LOUD and usually I have a pretty big tolerance for drone but this exhaust was loud everywhere. On the highway it got annoying after long drives and good lord the fitment was terrible. On the passenger side the hanger arm was way too long and getting it into the exhaust hanger hole was terrible. it stretched out the hanger so bad that I thought it was gonna tear it...this kinda made me sad because J's racing in the past made way better fitting products especially for the s2000 and after hearing their grill fit like dog doo doo I was sad this fit like that too. BUT for how loud it was man...the deep bassy tones are hard to beat it in terms of that type of sound. BUT DAMN its LOUD lol. And this is coming from a guy that use to sport an Amuse R1000 exhaust on my s2000.

The 27won - well this one was a weird one. The FP also gave me issues but took less swearing and maneuvering than the AWE thank jesus. I personally think this is an ugly exhaust LOL just by looking at it. It looks like a jumbled mess but hey im sure r and d was put into it and it made sense. I also don't like how you have to use this bar attached by locking nuts and bolts that go into the exhaust hangers to hold the whole thing up.. Why couldn't they just weld arms like most exhaust companies? I do like that this system used Vbands which is nice touch but also was a bit of a pain due to how many adjustments were needed to just get that thing together when your under the car to clamp correctly. Definitely was easier when you had another person helping you hold the pipe while adjusting the clamp to sit nicely. After install I wasn't particularly crazy about the way this exhaust sounded...it almost sounded like nothing changed on start up and driving off didn't give me a tone to get excited about like when the AWE drove off.

Greddy DDR- This was the older version of the DDR that didn't come with the resonated mid pipe. This exhaust is a pretty cool design and hearkens to the Bosozoku lifestyle and boy its pretty cool. This exhaust was also LOUD but man the gurgling that came from this exhaust was unique. It kinda reminded me of my set up I had on my F80 M3 Comp. But this sounded way better and not as obnoxious as the F80 gurgling. Installing this exhaust was a breeze. Greddy makes really good stuff and it showed with the craftsmanship on this system. One of my favorite all time exhausts is a Greddy, The rolled tip Ti system that was on my Evo 9 MR. Just like the J's this exhaust drones and is loud so if you are looking for that type of system the Js and the Greddy are the ones for you. The tips came close to touching the rear top part of the bumper even with adjustments. I guess if i played around with it more it would've not.

I'll be installing an HKS Legamax on a buddies car pretty soon so i'll be really excited to hear how that sounds! I really wanna hear what the Spec L sounds like as well! But again the BEST exhaust is really preference. I'm not a fan of saying this is the best or that is the best. I say if you are interested in an exhaust see if someone near you has it and ask if you can go on a ride with them! youtube can only catch so much of what it sounds like and I always take it with a grain of salt.

Happy installing guys!

Last edited:

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Somewhat yes on the ease of install..

Spoon - everything fit amazing. Barely any adjustment was needed. The front pipe went in like butter... the sound for me on this one is awesome. It's not loud and obnoxious. It doesn't scream look at me. and for someone like myself who is into nostalgic JDM stuff the N1 shape Spoon used on this one is super OG hearkening back to their old school systems. It's also a full 70mm no taper system.

Fujitsubo - amazing fit as well. The slip on joints helped and also barely needed any adjustment. Also was titanium.. can't beat that in terms of weight... but maybe the Tomei might be lighter.. But the Tomei systems are US systems and not made by Tomei Japan. Also its Fujitsubo..they are JDM goodness and are OG just like Spoon.

AWE- I love the exhaust note out of this exhaust. I've installed 2 of these systems and the FP gave me issues. Even with taking out the heat shield which makes it easier it still gave me issues. Eventually with some swearing and maneuvering the FP went on. This system needed quite a bit of adjustments to sit correctly but man once it did, it looked great. You need to bash in the heat shield a little so the FP can clear it. Also after a month or two my buddy experienced some bad rattle. Turns out the passenger exhaust arm was rattling against part of the car.. so we went back and adjusted and now it's gone. Hopefully gone for good. But it was interesting to see it was only one side that moved.

Js racing -Well i'm a huge sucker for the dolphin style tip, especially the days of the Re Amemiya exhausts so when this came out for our cars I needed to experience it. So let me say this exhaust is LOUD and usually I have a pretty big tolerance for drone but this exhaust was loud everywhere. On the highway it got annoying after long drives and good lord the fitment was terrible. On the passenger side the hanger arm was way too long and getting it into the exhaust hanger hole was terrible. it stretched out the hanger so bad that I thought it was gonna tear it...this kinda made me sad because J's racing in the past made way better fitting products especially for the s2000 and after hearing their grill fit like dog doo doo I was sad this fit like that too. BUT for how loud it was man...the deep bassy tones are hard to beat it in terms of that type of sound. BUT DAMN its LOUD lol. And this is coming from a guy that use to sport an Amuse R1000 exhaust on my s2000.

The 27won - well this one was a weird one. The FP also gave me issues but took less swearing and maneuvering than the AWE thank jesus. I personally think this is an ugly exhaust LOL just by looking at it. It looks like a jumbled mess but hey im sure r and d was put into it and it made sense. I also don't like how you have to use this bar attached by locking nuts and bolts that go into the exhaust hangers to hold the whole thing up.. Why couldn't they just weld arms like most exhaust companies? I do like that this system used Vbands which is nice touch but also was a bit of a pain due to how many adjustments were needed to just get that thing together when your under the car to clamp correctly. Definitely was easier when you had another person helping you hold the pipe while adjusting the clamp to sit nicely. After install I wasn't particularly crazy about the way this exhaust sounded...it almost sounded like nothing changed on start up and driving off didn't give me a tone to get excited about like when the AWE drove off.

Greddy DDR- This was the older version of the DDR that didn't come with the resonated mid pipe. This exhaust is a pretty cool design and hearkens to the Bosozoku lifestyle and boy its pretty cool. This exhaust was also LOUD but man the gurgling that came from this exhaust was unique. It kinda reminded me of my set up I had on my F80 M3 Comp. But this sounded way better and not as obnoxious as the F80 gurgling. Installing this exhaust was a breeze. Greddy makes really good stuff and it showed with the craftsmanship on this system. One of my favorite all time exhausts is a Greddy, The rolled tip Ti system that was on my Evo 9 MR. Just like the J's this exhaust drones and is loud so if you are looking for that type of system the Js and the Greddy are the ones for you. The tips came close to touching the rear top part of the bumper even with adjustments. I guess if i played around with it more it would've not.

I'll be installing an HKS Legamax on a buddies car pretty soon so i'll be really excited to hear how that sounds! I really wanna hear what the Spec L sounds like as well! But again the BEST exhaust is really preference. I'm not a fan of saying this is the best or that is the best. I say if you are interested in an exhaust see if someone near you has it and ask if you can go on a ride with them! youtube can only catch so much of what it sounds like and I always take it with a grain of salt.

Happy installing guys!
Super helpful, thanks for the detailed feedback. Have you had any experience with HKS or Thermal R&D?

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Super helpful, thanks for the detailed feedback. Have you had any experience with HKS or Thermal R&D?
I’ll be installing my first HKS system on my buddies type r soon. I actually bought the legamax and then an opportunity came up to buy a used Fuji and I jumped on it and sold the brand new legamax to another member.

I forgot to mention that I also installed the Remark Spec 3 on my R as well. Craftsmanship was really nice on that system. I had the resonated pipe on mine and even with the resonated pipe it’s louder than the spoon n1 system I have currently on my type r. Most of these jdm exhausts are jasma certified so they can’t go beyond a certain decibel limit on japan arterial roads.
The remark mid pipe was partly a pain to install. The exhaust hangers seemed a bit off so when putting it through the rubber hanger on the r. It made it sit a bit to the side and upwards. I wish I took a picture to show you but it was a weird fit. Definitely feel like maybe it was an error in production and was just welded a bit off.

but overall It’s an actually nice piece of kit. And I think it looks great with the three tips. Mine was the burnt titanium tipped one. For the price it’s not bad either.Sold it off to a buddy that installed the unresonated pipe and for some odd reason it sounds quieter lol.

on your thermal question I have not installed one of those.
Sponsored