tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Do you guys remember this unveiling video from Honda? Skip to 50 seconds. Where is that exhaust sound on the actual car?

It kind of sounds like a Civic Type R without a cat installed. The exhaust note is still very quiet though. If you reshaped the EQ on a good recording of the stock exhaust, you might be able to make it sound like that as well. So it’s also likely that it’s processed (It probably is).
Sponsored

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It kind of sounds like a Civic Type R without a cat installed. The exhaust note is still very quiet though. If you reshaped the EQ on a good recording of the stock exhaust, you might be able to make it sound like that as well. So it’s also likely that it’s processed (It probably is).
That commercial has the factory sound at 50 seconds if you clothespin a playing cards to inside of each wheel spoke like a bicycle and collectively it rumbles. Other than that, NFW!

it could be a without cat sound but sounds more like a midsize mongrel dog pinned under the splash pan.

Here boy, go fetch the kitty out from under that car. Just then the light turned green.??

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
That commercial has the factory sound at 50 seconds if you clothespin a playing cards to inside of each wheel spoke like a bicycle and collectively it rumbles. Other than that, NFW!

it could be a without cat sound but sounds more like a midsize mongrel dog pinned under the splash pan.

Here boy, go fetch the kitty out from under that car. Just then the light turned green.??
Someone in one of the FB groups posted a video of a straight piped Type R. Sounded very close to this actually.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What stock exhaust sound? There isn’t any. I let louder farts than an R at full throttle (not in my car though).
One of my favorite comments of the week. Thanks for humoring us.

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gave this a chance and revs sound decent.
Cold start though, reminded me of a large chicken coop fan, very deep and airy without the more pleasant blended rev tones. If you like it, why not? I’m a 3-tip minimum guy, more might be better?

Honda Civic 10th gen BEST EXHAUST FOR CIVIC TYPE R?? 3D25B594-ED7F-4BAF-84F3-40964738B0E2

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Surprised I didnt see Greddy on here. If theres one exhaust for this car that is bang for the buck, I would say Greddy is at the top. Definitely one of the more renown JDM brands imo, and the overall quality of the exhaust shows that

Honda Civic 10th gen BEST EXHAUST FOR CIVIC TYPE R?? CTR-2324
Honda Civic 10th gen BEST EXHAUST FOR CIVIC TYPE R?? CTR-2326
Honda Civic 10th gen BEST EXHAUST FOR CIVIC TYPE R?? ctr-3688
Honda Civic 10th gen BEST EXHAUST FOR CIVIC TYPE R?? ctr-3674

The only downside to this exhaust is its taper a bit where it meets the front pipe, but Greddy sells the 3 inch portion online for $150 which still puts this exhaust system at a good pricepoint compared to other ones.

Soundwise this exhaust is great. Its not obnoxiously loud, the tone of the exhaust is deep. In comparison, I installed an AWE touring exhaust and FP on my brothers R, and while his sounds good, the tone is higher pitched than the Greddy.

Aesthetically, the exhaust looks great, the piping, the tips, muffler canister, is all quality. The welds are great, and imo, cleaner than the AWE my brother has, which to me is amazing considering the AWE costs twice as much. The exhaust tips themselves are a good size, aggressive, but tasteful, the edges are rolled. The Greddy emblem in between the tips is awesome and ties everything together. Overall, ive gotten a lot of compliments on the exhaust.

People complain about drone on this exhaust, and I do have to say that if you induce load at about 2500rpm while cruising it can get loud, but thats about it. Its pretty tolerable unless you grew up in an era where you are absolutely used to sound deadening. I am used to gutted EK's and DCs with 3 inch exhausts on NA Motors. Thats what real drone is to me :D

Overall, loving this exhaust so far, Id make the same choice over again if I had the chance.

Last edited:

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen BEST EXHAUST FOR CIVIC TYPE R?? B895EE5B-D443-454D-B7DC-CA36D481FDCF
Honda Civic 10th gen BEST EXHAUST FOR CIVIC TYPE R?? D84BA405-6A36-4D26-B431-BD74E9EF0650

Just wanted to circle back and provide some feedback on how the Sequence Exhaust is paired with a high flow catted DP (Dream Automotive) and the RV6 FP.

Perfect for my taste. Still quiet like stock when cruising around. Then sounds great when give it boost (5) psi and above.

The DP and FP really added to the sound level when the Sequence is under load, which is what I was hoping for.

Will try to capture a good sound clip one of these days

Do you have the stock cat? Wondering if a catless dp will sound good with it. Im looking for something not to loud, i live in cali.

Last edited:

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Surprised I didnt see Greddy on here. If theres one exhaust for this car that is bang for the buck, I would say Greddy is at the top. Definitely one of the more renown JDM brands imo, and the overall quality of the exhaust shows that

CTR-2324.jpg
CTR-2326.jpg
ctr-3688.jpg
ctr-3674.jpg

The only downside to this exhaust is its taper a bit where it meets the front pipe, but Greddy sells the 3 inch portion online for $150 which still puts this exhaust system at a good pricepoint compared to other ones.

Soundwise this exhaust is great. Its not obnoxiously loud, the tone of the exhaust is deep. In comparison, I installed an AWE touring exhaust and FP on my brothers R, and while his sounds good, the tone is higher pitched than the Greddy.

Aesthetically, the exhaust looks great, the piping, the tips, muffler canister, is all quality. The welds are great, and imo, cleaner than the AWE my brother has, which to me is amazing considering the AWE costs twice as much. The exhaust tips themselves are a good size, aggressive, but tasteful, the edges are rolled. The Greddy emblem in between the tips is awesome and ties everything together. Overall, ive gotten a lot of compliments on the exhaust.

People complain about drone on this exhaust, and I do have to say that if you induce load at about 2500rpm while cruising it can get loud, but thats about it. Its pretty tolerable unless you grew up in an era where you are absolutely used to sound deadening. I am used to gutted EK's and DCs with 3 inch exhausts on NA Motors. Thats what real drone is to me :D

Overall, loving this exhaust so far, Id make the same choice over again if I had the chance.
I completely agree! I have that and I also got the 3in front portion. It was a little over $800 for both and it sounds FANTASTIC IMO! Ditto, the compliments are many.
I honestly don't understand why people pay so much more and overlook this super high quality extreme value!

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I completely agree! I have that and I also got the 3in front portion. It was a little over $800 for both and it sounds FANTASTIC IMO! Ditto, the compliments are many.
I honestly don't understand why people pay so much more and overlook this super high quality extreme value!

Is the 3 inch section worth it you think? I was contemplating it until I saw on the FB group a guy posted his dyno with the tapered section and he made 370hp which is pretty good to me. I might put a FP on it and call it a day..

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Is the 3 inch section worth it you think? I was contemplating it until I saw on the FB group a guy posted his dyno with the tapered section and he made 370hp which is pretty good to me. I might put a FP on it and call it a day..
I don't think it is much , if any at all, of a restriction but I have the Ultimate Racing catless DP and FP so I wanted to continue the same diameter all the way through. So, it was a psychological for me :)
Sponsored