BEST EXHAUST FOR CIVIC TYPE R??

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So whats the verdict on an exhaust setup as a daily driver? Something that sounds nice but not obnoxious?

I am 37 and in sales. I use the CTR as my daily driver to visit my customers and sometimes having to drive 2-3 hours to get to my furthest customers.
Based on my experience If you have a catless dp best conservative exhaust with no drone would be Milltek Full resonated.
Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
There is no verdict. It's too subjective. Also budget is different for everyone.
My opinion is that a valved exhaust is the best for a daily driver.
My 2 choices are Remus and Sequence Manufacturing. I have the sequence manufacturing with the stock dp and fp and i love it. Sounds stock (maybe even quieter than stock inside), and loud when you are flooring it.
Sequence is for me the best exhaust availabe for the CTR but because they were not available when I was shooping I went other route.

CTtypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
So whats the verdict on an exhaust setup as a daily driver? Something that sounds nice but not obnoxious?

I am 37 and in sales. I use the CTR as my daily driver to visit my customers and sometimes having to drive 2-3 hours to get to my furthest customers.
Going off of sound clips only, I think the dual resonated milltek is probably your best bet. I've been looking at the single resonated road+ but even that's a little louder than I expected it to be.

It would be nice if there was a sticky with dB readings.

lorenkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag

My take on it from another thread:
Nee help on CTR exhaust

For reference, HKS quotes the following sound levels
Idle: 67 dB VS stock 58 dB
Full: 88 dB VS stock 82 db

jonasblack

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
SOunds good! How much was it ? Catback or full?? any other mods?
I hit up a sales guy from Borla and my walk out the door price was $1900. And I live near one of their manufacturing sites and I got it installed there for free.

Edit: Catback and no other mods. I daily this car and there isn’t a drone. I have been told that a down pipe will make this thing annoying to drive (From drone).

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
I went through this a couple months ago, watched a ton of youtube sound clips, feedback from members and overall design. My car is a daily and my wife hates loud exhaust so I had to keep those factors in mind. I was set on getting the HKS legamax, had this on my EVO and loved it. Then I came upon the Fujisubo exhaust, instantly feel in love with it and had to have it. I wasn't concern with the $$$ (not rich) but knew it would be worth it and I wouldn't regret it. It's on order and I'll report back in a couple months with my feedback.

Take your time and do some research. There are many good exhaust systems out there and one will suit your needs. Don't get caught up on price, you bought a Type R over a regular civic for a reason.
Bump. Any update? lol

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
lmao that so many want the 3 tips.
I caution any exhaust shopper to look VERY CLOSELY at the connection to the front pipe and BE SURE it does NOT neck down, so many systems are not a full 3in all the way and that is silly!

I like the Greddy SP (2 tips) with the OPTIONAL forward pipe to make it 3in all the way through and am running with Ultimate racing catless DP and FP. Slight drone on decel through 2500-3200 but the sound and weight savings are incomparable for the price! Leaves a lot of money for more goodies.

$825 shipped.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lmao that so many want the 3 tips.
I caution any exhaust shopper to look VERY CLOSELY at the connection to the front pipe and BE SURE it does NOT neck down, so many systems are not a full 3in all the way and that is silly!

I like the Greddy SP (2 tips) with the OPTIONAL forward pipe to make it 3in all the way through and am running with Ultimate racing catless DP and FP. Slight drone on decel through 2500-3200 but the sound and weight savings are incomparable for the price! Leaves a lot of money for more goodies.

$825 shipped.
Our unit is a true 80mm piping (3.125") largest on the market. Comes with a front-pipe. Absolutely no step-downs anywhere form end to end.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Our unit is a true 80mm piping (3.125") largest on the market. Comes with a front-pipe. Absolutely no step-downs anywhere form end to end.
Yes, as it should be! Thank you for making quality products and supporting the community!
I will be purchasing some of your items and I really enjoy your development blog. :thumbsup:

Wish I could work there.
Sponsored