Best Downpipe on the market?

Berserk_FC3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe SI
Country flag
Hey y'all! I was checking around for a good dowpipe option, and most everything seems incredibly similar and I can't find any dyno comparisons. Is there a definitive best option out there? I'm not planning to tune for it for a little bit in an attempt to save my clutch, so untuned power gains aren't necessarily my focus, mostly build quality and tuned power. I'm leaning towards 27Won's option, but MAPerformance, PRL, PLM and RV6 are also in the mix. As an add-on, if I do throw a CEL, does disabling my O2 sensor in the cat have any negative effects or does it just prevent the code from reading? Thanks!
Sponsored

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey y'all! I was checking around for a good dowpipe option, and most everything seems incredibly similar and I can't find any dyno comparisons. Is there a definitive best option out there? I'm not planning to tune for it for a little bit in an attempt to save my clutch, so untuned power gains aren't necessarily my focus, mostly build quality and tuned power. I'm leaning towards 27Won's option, but MAPerformance, PRL, PLM and RV6 are also in the mix. As an add-on, if I do throw a CEL, does disabling my O2 sensor in the cat have any negative effects or does it just prevent the code from reading? Thanks!

The disable just prevents the emissions code. As far as what the best option is and buying new i think the newer high flow prl may be the best current catted option

OP
OP
Berserk_FC3

Berserk_FC3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe SI
Country flag
The disable just prevents the emissions code. As far as what the best option is and buying new i think the newer high flow prl may be the best current catted option
I love PRL but their downpipe is just so expensive, 1000 compared to everyone else’s 600-800

Reactions: AVR

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
PRL's high volume downpipe is worth the expense in consideration of what you are getting. However if the GESI catalytic converter is not a priority for you the 27WON downpipes is a great option. RV6 is great, MAP is probably fine. Definitely avoid PLM.

Zach

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si
Country flag
PRL's high volume downpipe is worth the expense in consideration of what you are getting. However if the GESI catalytic converter is not a priority for you the 27WON downpipes is a great option. RV6 is great, MAP is probably fine. Definitely avoid PLM.
what makes the prl one worth 300ish more dollars than the rest?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wouldnt all catted pass inspection
Nope, most aftermarket performance oriented catalytic converters don't filter well enough to prevent emissions system errors.

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
FYI. I've had the catted RV6 on my type r without a tune for a good bit before getting Hondata and I passed the annual emissions inspection in Charlotte. I didn't get any codes while untuned and I didn't disable any O2 sensors. I think people who had issues with getting codes with a catted dp had issues with the installation.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
FYI. I've had the catted RV6 on my type r without a tune for a good bit before getting Hondata and I passed the annual emissions inspection in Charlotte. I didn't get any codes while untuned and I didn't disable any O2 sensors. I think people who had issues with getting codes with a catted dp had issues with the installation.

The Type R must not be as sensitive, most of us have only had short periods of time where the SI doesn't throw a code without the disable, and the disable keep 2 readiness checks from being ready not just the 1

Zach

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si
Country flag
Nope, most aftermarket performance oriented catalytic converters don't filter well enough to prevent emissions system errors.
so not getting emmisions system error is worth 300 tho? are you not able to get rid of the error or something, new to all of this sorry.

Ambush

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Fwiw MAPerformance offers a GESI catted downpipe. It’s what I’m running currently. I believe it’s cheaper than the PRL high flow but don’t think it’s currently in stock.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A carefuly placed defouler can help with this. RV6 typically includes one. I've seen RV6 catless downpipes go thousands of miles without a CEL thanks to the defouler.

so not getting emmisions system error is worth 300 tho? are you not able to get rid of the error or something, new to all of this sorry.
The emissions system error results in a check engine light. You can use a tune to hide the check engine light in some cases but the actual error will persist and if you live in a jurisdiction that has strict emissions testing requirements this can be a problem.

OP
OP
Berserk_FC3

Berserk_FC3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe SI
Country flag
I’m in South Carolina so it’s essentially a free for all out here. I did go ahead and order the MAPerformance one, I’ve heard it’s essentially the same performance wise than PRL, without that price tag and I was able to get a nice discount by calling about it.

Zach

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si
Country flag
what about a frontpipe is it really worth it aswell?
Sponsored