Best Dealer In SoCal for Warranty Work?

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks!
Sponsored

maeng97

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Bump. Honda of Hollywood is the most non cooperative dealer when it comes to warranty repairs.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
bringing this back from the dead, any one have good dealers they recommend in the IE/OC area? always happy to bring good business to a good writer and tech.

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
why is that? I always love hearing a good dealer story lmao
There was one time they accidentally gave my car back with out authorization, this was for the AC, they called and said Compressor is the problem and the recall only covering the condenser. I went there after work and said im here to pick up my civic and the guy said is is a white one and i said yes and he brought the car to me and didnt even ask for my name or anything and i drove. The next day the service manager called again and said we able to cover 75% of the condenser work do you want me to work on the car and i said yes when you want me to bring my car in, the manager freaked out and said what do you mean bring your car in? I have your car.... i said i picked it up yesterday how else am i at work, he was telling me you gotta bring it back ASAP we werent authorized to release the car. so it might be easy to steal a car there, apparently they have protocol issues

Another time
I went there my CVT recall for the RPM surging and they had to take my CVT apart and this was like a year ago, ever since that i been going there for my oil changes and other recalls until my warranty ran out, when my warranty ran out i went to a mom and pop shop i trust and they told me im leaking transmission fluid and its caked on good, been there for a long time, so everytime i went in for an oil change at Goudy Honda they never mentioned the caked on fluid. I confronted them in fear i been leaking fluid the whole time and you guys are the only ones that worked on the transmission.

They took the car and cleaned up the mess and said come back in a month to see if there is a leak and they will handle it then. My dash cam also recorded them talking shit say this customer thinks its our fault for his leaking transmission and wasting our time.
After a month i went to the mom and pop shop to check for leaks before going to Goudy Honda cause i dont trust them and but lucky it wasn't leaking and they just didnt clean the fluid off when they worked on my car which is still shows the lack of quality of their work

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
There was one time they accidentally gave my car back with out authorization, this was for the AC, they called and said Compressor is the problem and the recall only covering the condenser. I went there after work and said im here to pick up my civic and the guy said is is a white one and i said yes and he brought the car to me and didnt even ask for my name or anything and i drove. The next day the service manager called again and said we able to cover 75% of the condenser work do you want me to work on the car and i said yes when you want me to bring my car in, the manager freaked out and said what do you mean bring your car in? I have your car.... i said i picked it up yesterday how else am i at work, he was telling me you gotta bring it back ASAP we werent authorized to release the car. so it might be easy to steal a car there, apparently they have protocol issues

Another time
I went there my CVT recall for the RPM surging and they had to take my CVT apart and this was like a year ago, ever since that i been going there for my oil changes and other recalls until my warranty ran out, when my warranty ran out i went to a mom and pop shop i trust and they told me im leaking transmission fluid and its caked on good, been there for a long time, so everytime i went in for an oil change at Goudy Honda they never mentioned the caked on fluid. I confronted them in fear i been leaking fluid the whole time and you guys are the only ones that worked on the transmission.

They took the car and cleaned up the mess and said come back in a month to see if there is a leak and they will handle it then. My dash cam also recorded them talking shit say this customer thinks its our fault for his leaking transmission and wasting our time.
After a month i went to the mom and pop shop to check for leaks before going to Goudy Honda cause i dont trust them and but lucky it wasn't leaking and they just didnt clean the fluid off when they worked on my car which is still shows the lack of quality of their work
Oh fuck all that man. That’s really fucked luckily I have quite a few Honda dealers nearby but was hoping one would stand out more then the rest but idk I worked at dealers I know how they are and for me it’s strange to get their trust from me is big so hoping one really tries to get your trust and be upfront which a lot aren’t

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Huntington Beach Honda has always been pretty good to me, even doing some minor work for free out of warranty.

Don't go to Westminster Honda, they quoted me 200 for a job that cost them 600 to do. It would have cost that much elsewhere, but they're unprofessional attitude towards their mistake left a bad taste in my mouth.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Huntington Beach Honda has always been pretty good to me, even doing some minor work for free out of warranty.

Don't go to Westminster Honda, they quoted me 200 for a job that cost them 600 to do. It would have cost that much elsewhere, but they're unprofessional attitude towards their mistake left a bad taste in my mouth.
how does a quote go to 3 times as much lmao, talk about undershooting the total... but ill check out HB who doesnt like a good drive to the beach anyways lol beautiful weather in california to not take a nice drive

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how does a quote go to 3 times as much lmao, talk about undershooting the total... but ill check out HB who doesnt like a good drive to the beach anyways lol beautiful weather in california to not take a nice drive
I ended up breaking some of my front wheel lug studs, and the only way to replace them correctly is to remove the wheel bearing. Knowing that, I called a few places and got estimated in the 500 dollar range for the job and alignment, but when I called Westminster Honda and told them the procedure in detail, that I needed to be done, the guy was like "yeah totally, the other places are just trying to rip you off" or something like that and he estimated 200 bucks not including alignment. I show up and get hit with $660 quote. Shitty thing is, I towed my car there, and I didn't want to call another AAA to tow to another shop. I get 3 tows provided by my company. I talk to the a rep then his superviser, who I had to hunt down myself, and start giving them a polite earful. Upon giving me a "polite" - "that's just how it is" I gave them a not-so-polite, reply. Didn't want to go further, because these ****heads were working on my car and I didn't want them to spit in my fries. They drop 60 bucks and do it for 600 as a "special" offer. Boy, let me tell you, I really felt special that day.

Made it worse, when I needed to pick up the car, I waited for almost 30 minutes while looking directly at my car and seeing the keys hung up in the service bench. Every 5 mins I would go up and point to my car and they would say something like "nah mate you can just go **** off" or at least that's what it felt like. I'm pretty sure they also joy-rid my car, but maybe thats my bias. They claimed they felt hesitation, which I usually feel when I try to rev into the car when it's cold. The engine needs some time with it's ethanol tune and the cvt is weird like that and what not. They really shouldn't be trying to push the car to the point where the hesitation begins.

TLDR: Don't waste your time/money/dignity at Westminster Honda.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Although my car is out of warranty, I'd like to know a good Socal dealer to go to for TSBs or like the 10 year AC warranty stuff. I've done all the maintenance myself because of the reasons above. I did however made a trip to Weir Canyon Honda because I lost my wheel locks (without an appointment on a Sunday), and the tech and service advisor was able to help me. Basically the tech brought out the wheel lock key set and basically let me find the correct key and basically told me to do what I had to. And I did this just on their parking lot, they didn't take my car into the abyss. So props to them, but I never had actual work done there, so I don't know how that is.

If you have Acuras, I'd recommend going to DCH Acura of Tustin for service.
Sponsored