Chxisp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I have a 2019 fk7 sport and the car is pretty much stock and I'm really looking into lowering the car a bit, but since i live in Miami and a broke college kid it doesn't really help my case at all. I know D2 springs are pretty affordable but I wanna know if people in the community think if they are worth it since I drive my civic to work and school everyday. If any one can help and leave any advice it would be great
Sponsored

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Cheap springs are cheap for a reason. Minimum go with Eibach's (they sag more than I would have liked, but still a ok spring)... I would recommend saving up and get Swift Springs, best in the business.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Really enjoyed the H&R as a daily choice, testing them on our own vehicles. Eibach Pro-Kit is great too, but they can all creak on full lock time to time. H&R doesn't :)

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I decided to go with H&R because of the drop, it's perfect for my daily use.

Whichever way you go, I recommend buying from Unity Performance. I just ordered my springs from them and have bought lots of stuff in the past. Great guy to deal with and you're supporting small business!

Dirt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6-Spd Manual
Be prepared to replace your shocks soon after a year or 2.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I decided to go with H&R because of the drop, it's perfect for my daily use.

Whichever way you go, I recommend buying from Unity Performance. I just ordered my springs from them and have bought lots of stuff in the past. Great guy to deal with and you're supporting small business!
Great to see you here Chris, thank you for the shout and support! Here as a fellow 10th Gen brother helping everyone, I owe so much so much to this community!

Here's how the H&R's looked on my Si :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Best daily lowering springs for a fk7 IMG_20190428_182812

Honda Civic 10th gen Best daily lowering springs for a fk7 IMG_20190511_143608

Last edited:

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Great to see you here Chris, thank you for the shout and support! Here as a fellow 10th Gen brother helping everyone, I owe so much so much to this community!

Here's how the H&R's looked on my Si :)

IMG_20190428_182812.jpg

IMG_20190428_182812.jpg

IMG_20190511_143608.jpg

I know you use a lot of whiteline suspension parts, did you by any chance use their springs at all as well and if so are they daily/part time track toy friendly?

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know you use a lot of whiteline suspension parts, did you by any chance use their springs at all as well and if so are they daily/part time track toy friendly?
Yes, actually they've been on Blue for a year now after having done a year on coilovers. The Whiteline Springs met my criteria for offering a subtle drop, and a stiffer Front Spring Rate because I would have less chances of rub and snap oversteer with the 26mm Whiteline RSB I have on. The combination really worked out, I was glad I came back to the factory dampers, and went with Whiteline.

I was going to test Swift after but I ended up giving them to one of our friends here to help test out instead. I've had 4 Track days and 1 AutoX day on Whiteline, and Street + Highway to total about 15k kms / 9k miles driven.

They're more suited for spirited and track use than the H&R's, meaning they do give up some ride comfort, but not crashy or jarring by any means. Hope that helps :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Best daily lowering springs for a fk7 DSC_2973.JPG

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yes, actually they've been on Blue for a year now after having done a year on coilovers. The Whiteline Springs met my criteria for offering a subtle drop, and a stiffer Front Spring Rate because I would have less chances of rub and snap oversteer with the 26mm Whiteline RSB I have on. The combination really worked out, I was glad I came back to the factory dampers, and went with Whiteline.

I was going to test Swift after but I ended up giving them to one of our friends here to help test out instead. I've had 4 Track days and 1 AutoX day on Whiteline, and Street + Highway to total about 15k kms / 9k miles driven.

They're more suited for spirited and track use than the H&R's, meaning they do give up some ride comfort, but not crashy or jarring by any means. Hope that helps :)

DSC_2973.JPG
Exactly what I wanted to know and was looking for, thanks.

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
So which spring is good for daily driving?
I suppose it depends on your priority. Do you want a 1" drop or a 2" drop? Do you want a stiffer-than-factory ride or a cushy one?

It's hard to make a blanket statement because everyone has a different priority. I went with H&R because of the nice ride and modest drop, I didn't want to be as low as the Eibachs or Megan Racing.

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
How is the ride on horrible roads with H&R compared to Eibach Pro-Kit. I’ve been wanting a slight drop with minimal comfort loss, but there’s some shitty roads near me.
Sponsored