CivicJordan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just got a Black 18' Hatchback Sport 6spd & I am creating a list of things I would like to get done in the short-term.

• LEDs Interior/Exterior (Any brand recommendations?)
  • Black Side Reflectors (Or keep stock & wrap in carbon fiber?)
  • Window Tint (%?)
  • Window Visors?
etc...

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Gefiltefish

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
First things I do for any car is a ProClip cell phone mount and some type of floor liner (I did the Ordero ones from this forum).

I did 25% tint on the side windows and 15% on the rear hatch. All done with Llumar Pinnacle. I eventually want to get the windshield done as well (likely 70%).

Depending on your wants with the car (appearance, handling, power) you could go a few ways...

I certainly understand replacing the side markers on a black car. The orange really sticks out. Iā€™m not a fan of the window visors, but thatā€™s personal opinion. Likely the best appearance mod (especially for black cars) is to get the paint looking good. If you are not experienced, a professional detailer can do a compound/polish to remove some swirls and light scratches. Then you can apply a ceramic coating or paint sealant to improve slickness and water beading.

if you want to improve the handling, tires for sure are the first item needed. A decent set of summer tires is going to drastically improve handling over all-seasons. A rear sway bar is also a very economical upgrade.

For power a Ktuner will be the most economical power adder. After that things like intake and downpipe/front pipe combo will help.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I did window tint on mine, 5% on back doors/hatch, and 35% on driver passenger doors.

low beam LEDs I used morimoto 2 stroke 2.0s, and am very happy with them, but others have used lower priced sets (like hikari), and I havenā€™t heard any complaints. Interior, Iā€™ve been using the set from @TypeRLEDs, and have no issues. I just bought another interior set for my si.

as far as side markers, Iā€™ve used depo, but the @Unity Performance seems to be a more popular choice, if you can get a set. On black, clear might look better, imo. Can get the EU OEM set, would look nice on a black hatch.

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Rear sway bar (RSB) and honda accord end link to fix understeer. Get the cheapest, yet quality version you can find in 22mm if it's a hollow type design or I think 18mm if solid.

Strut tower brace has 0 benefits for daily driving.

gcapraz

First Name
Gƶkhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
Rear sway bar (RSB) and honda accord end link to fix understeer. Get the cheapest, yet quality version you can find in 22mm if it's a hollow type design or I think 18mm if solid.

Strut tower brace has 0 benefits for daily driving.
Hi,

Do you have a web link or picture about rsb and honda accord end link? i would like to research about it.

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would start off with tint. Hereā€™s an example of my car with SunTek CXP 35% front 20% rear
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Cost-Effective Hatchback Mods? 8DA77669-2173-4EA7-90A6-2C7D9361A9AC

Next I would do some handling mods. I have a Si rear sway bar, type r subframe brace, and SiriMoto front strut bar. This will definitely help the car turn in better and stick it out corners.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Quick little guide for you. Most performance parts check out PRL or 27won

For handling:
- Civic type R subframe brace ($)
- RSB with/without the accord endlnks ($-$$)
- better wheels and tires ($$-$$$)

Performance:
- tuning device ($$$)..
order this before any bolt onā€™s, but with: TSP
- TSP Stage 1 tune ($)
- Intercooler ($$$)
- catted or cattless dp ($$)
- intake with race MAF ($$)
- 27won turbo ($$$)
- big brake kit (need better brakes if youā€™re adding more power)
Option1: 27won BBK ($$$)
Option2: Wilwood BBK ($$$)
Option3: Genesis BBK conversion ($-$$$, varies)
- Flex Fuel kit ($$)

For looks:
- tint ($-$$)
- window visors ($) ...check out ABS Dynamics
- lowering springs or coilovers ($$-$$$)

Last edited:
OP
OP
CivicJordan

CivicJordan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you guys very much for the help & advice!

I will continue to use this thread as a reference for when I begin to change things up. I think I will start with the tint & will update with a before & after photo once it is done.

Edit: Tint has been booked for Tuesday!

Last edited:
OP
OP
CivicJordan

CivicJordan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Have you thought about buying LED white bulb replacements so you don't have the orange light shining through?
I actually kinda like the orange(ish) glow. It doesn't bother me. Plus, I already had that tint on hand for something else so this mod didn't cost me a thing.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hey welcome to the 10th Gen Civic family! Here at Unity Performance we offer side marker which are on Civics all across the world, and have truly been a fan favourite amongst Civic owners, regardless of body style or trim. We offer four different variants of the side markers; clear side marker with amber LED, clear side marker with white LED, smoked with amber LED, as well as smoked with white LED. They can be found on our website here:
https://unity-performance.com/collections/frontpage/products/side-marker-lights
The side markers are going to be available for preorder at the end of the month!

as for the LED lights for both inside and outside, we offer some of the best high quality LEDS on the market, that are extremely bright. They truly speak for themselves if you look at the pictures found here:
https://unity-performance.com/products/skleds-interior-led?_pos=4&_sid=b7b7a80a7&_ss=r

not only do we offer the interior lights for the front map lights, but we also have the rear dome lights, as well as the reverse lights and trunk lights, https://unity-performance.com/products/skleds-led-bulbs-rear-dome-1x?_pos=3&_sid=b7b7a80a7&_ss=r
https://unity-performance.com/products/skleds-reverse-led?_pos=2&_sid=b7b7a80a7&_ss=r
https://unity-performance.com/products/skleds-led-bulbs-trunk-led-1x?_pos=1&_sid=b7b7a80a7&_ss=r

These LED lights are true white bulbs, and the best part about them is that they come with a with a lifetime warranty! This guarantees that these lights will last without any issues!

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
I did window tint on mine, 5% on back doors/hatch, and 35% on driver passenger doors.

low beam LEDs I used morimoto 2 stroke 2.0s, and am very happy with them, but others have used lower priced sets (like hikari), and I havenā€™t heard any complaints. Interior, Iā€™ve been using the set from @TypeRLEDs, and have no issues. I just bought another interior set for my si.

as far as side markers, Iā€™ve used depo, but the @Unity Performance seems to be a more popular choice, if you can get a set. On black, clear might look better, imo. Can get the EU OEM set, would look nice on a black hatch.
They're always sold out before we can get more ready! Pre-orders will open up mid-end of next week - you can sign up to be updated exactly when new orders are being taken :)

https://unity-performance.com/products/side-marker-lights

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Cost-Effective Hatchback Mods? 1605939074510

OP
OP
CivicJordan

CivicJordan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Hi,

Do you have a web link or picture about rsb and honda accord end link? i would like to research about it.

Here: https://www.oempartsource.com/oem-parts/honda-link-rear-stabilizer-52320tlba00

It costs more, but it made of aluminum. The plastic ones in the stock FK7 will break in the long run if you upgrade your RSB. Honda Accord Endlinks part number: 52320-TLB-A00, you need two. The cost shown is for one.

As for the RSB diamters:
Eibach: 22mm
Whiteline: 20mm, 22mm, 26mm
The one for Civic SI...I don't know,
The one for the FK8/CTR: 20.5mm?
I think the stock FK7 is 16.5mm

I'm not experienced with choosing RSB other than calculating stiffness. There's one of a few who do have the Whiteline 26mm but this is pushing it towards oversteer. The FK7 is naturally understeering from what I read.
Sponsored