Best Color Side Marker To Match Lunar Silver Metallic?

Jeiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
civilian

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The "nub" is how the side markers come in Japan/euro markets. Personally, I prefer it. Makes the car look better.
Thanks!

The fact that our headlights have similar nubs and I didn’t even realize it until today shows just how invisible they get anyway, I think they’re going to look great once I get them installed. Will post pics next week when they’re in.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got the Depo smoked markers. Not the best pic of them but the only one I got right now.
They fit great and I've not had any leaking issues like some have mentioned. They hide the ugly orange bulb, but still glow orange at night, which is a law here.
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Color Side Marker To Match Lunar Silver Metallic? IMG_20190404_145439

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Pic

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Color Side Marker To Match Lunar Silver Metallic? 0FCFD978-2E7E-4F74-936C-978801371EFC

OP
OP
civilian

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks for all the pics. Which color is the closest match to Lunar Silver?

___ Clear

___ Smoked

OP
OP
civilian

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Color Side Marker To Match Lunar Silver Metallic? B063-CAD0-A203-4404-AF6-C-94-E2-EB659-E41

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Color Side Marker To Match Lunar Silver Metallic? 8959081-B-829-B-457-B-9-C8-D-858631-B9276-C

My iJDMTOY clear side markers arrived and I installed them today, took all of 10 minutes.

I was considering returning them based on photos, but I'm pleasantly surprised as I have the Touring with the LED headlights and I didn't realize that the housing/shape/color/reflectivity of the iJDM markers match the headlight covers perfectly and that takes precedence over matching the paint. If you look closely there is sort of a 'stripe' pattern to the plastic molding at the headlight turn signal area and they are identical. And, doesn't matter much anyway as against LSM the clears look best anyway.

As for the bulb, I went with their bundle with the amber LED as it has no color at all during the day and is in compliance with an orange glow at night.

Thanks to all for your great advice!

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Mikecolorama

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
B063-CAD0-A203-4404-AF6-C-94-E2-EB659-E41.jpg

8959081-B-829-B-457-B-9-C8-D-858631-B9276-C.jpg

My iJDMTOY clear side markers arrived and I installed them today, took all of 10 minutes.

I was considering returning them based on photos, but I'm pleasantly surprised as I have the Touring with the LED headlights and I didn't realize that the housing/shape/color/reflectivity of the iJDM markers match the headlight covers perfectly and that takes precedence over matching the paint. If you look closely there is sort of a 'stripe' pattern to the plastic molding at the headlight turn signal area and they are identical. And, doesn't matter much anyway as against LSM the clears look best anyway.

As for the bulb, I went with their bundle with the amber LED as it has no color at all during the day and is in compliance with an orange glow at night.

Thanks to all for your great advice!
Do you have a link for the one you bought?

OP
OP
civilian

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Last edited:

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
I originally started out with clear on my Platinum White Pearl coupe using amber halogen bulbs, was generally pleased with the appearance, then I saw a white sedan with grey smoked idjmtoy lenses, really appealed to me, ordered a set, used the same halogen bulbs. Both the clear & smoked were D.O.T. & SAE approved so they will pass inspection here in PA, neither have shown any evidence of leaking. So far, I think I like the smoked better, seems to integrate better with the rest of the trim on the car. I liked the clear, but felt they looked a bit "ricey" like the clear taillights that used to be so popular. Both definitely better integrated than the bright yellow OEM side markers. Both sets came with clear LEDs of questionable parantage, perhaps if I can find some amber LEDs that are decent, I'll give them a try, PA requires amber. The halogen bulbs seem to work fine and are small enough that they don't show when the lights are off.
Sponsored