Best cold air intake for 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback

Borges

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Any suggestions for a cold air intake for my 2017 hatchback? Also any other mods youd do right away? Just got the car last week
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you going for sound or performance? FYI the stock intake has been proven to not be a limiting factor if you are on the stock turbo.

OP
OP

Borges

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you going for sound or performance? FYI the stock intake has been proven to not be a limiting factor if you are on the stock turbo.
For performance. So the stock intake is good as it is? Won't be a huge difference to get something else? I am running stock turbo

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For performance. So the stock intake is good as it is? Won't be a huge difference to get something else? I am running stock turbo
yep, don't waste your money, unless you want the whoosh, even the DP shows minimal gains, it's best to get a custom tune.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much does that usually cost
I think you can send off your ecu and have it done with an off the shelf tune for under $300. You are better off buying Hondata FlashPro or Ktuner and working with a tuner for a custom tune for your car, which would cost more like $650-850 all in. Right now a tune is the only way to get any real gains with the 1.5T.

OP
OP

Borges

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you can send off your ecu and have it done with an off the shelf tune for under $300. You are better off buying Hondata FlashPro or Ktuner and working with a tuner for a custom tune for your car, which would cost more like $650-850 all in. Right now a tune is the only way to get any real gains with the 1.5T.
Any other things interior or exterior you'd get? I already got clear bra and I'm getting tint tomorrow.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any other things interior or exterior you'd get? I already got clear bra and I'm getting tint tomorrow.
I'm still on the hunt for my 6MT hatch but my first mods will be tint, clear side markers, and a tune from Vit Viper. I plan on replacing the audio system in it's entirety with a setup I already own. I'll also probably put on some decent summer tires and get rid of the OEM all seasons.

OP
OP

Borges

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm still on the hunt for my 6MT hatch but my first mods will be tint, clear side markers, and a tune from Vit Viper. I plan on replacing the audio system in it's entirety with a setup I already own. I'll also probably put on some decent summer tires and get rid of the OEM all seasons.
Hell yeah! Sounds good!

Freedom13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
I heard that the Progress 20.5mm Rear Sway Bar is a good upgrade too. Check this out:

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
I'm interested in the whoosh. Anyone know which has the loudest whoosh sound?
Any intake will give you that whoosh sound. Just do not get a bov. Known to make the cars run rich. I have an injen short ram I have for sale in the classifieds now for pretty cheap if your interested

peterletran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe 6MT
Any intake will give you that whoosh sound. Just do not get a bov. Known to make the cars run rich. I have an injen short ram I have for sale in the classifieds now for pretty cheap if your interested
Yep ... I got a Boomba vent2atmosphere BOV and was/is extremely disappointed.
If it sounded better, I would've dealt with the rich conditions, but
looking at my oil yesterday, I decided to put the stock one back on.
Rich conditions with direct injection equals = extremely diluted engine oil.
I'll check out your listing in the classifieds.

Craigman45

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I got the whiteline 22mm rear sway bar along with 18/8.5 +30 ESR rims with 235/40s and it really hugs the road.thought I might have to worry about the back end coming around on me with the increase in rear swaybar but it really holds well and feels more stable at speeds between 40-75 mph. havent tried it on any corner speeds over that

aarong24

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 GMC C1500, 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
I will probably catch some flak over this, but none are good in my opinion. I personally think cold intakes are junk. Maybe if you are doing several other mods, it is worth it. And that is slightly. But by themselves? No way. The claims about breathability come with a cost. If it is making it more breathable, it's also letting in more dirt. I think honda got it right with the current setup. I say all of this as a guy whose old man is a 30 year mechanic and I work on my own stuff myself. That is just my own personal experience and opinion with cold air intakes
Sponsored