JonasJoker

First Name
Jona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I’m the market looking for some good quality coilovers, I want you guys to help me find the right option for my SI sedan...
I don’t know much about coilovers but I want to know if the ones I will buy, works the best on my car knowing all functions that the car has like

sport mode, damper, camber, spring rate, rubber upper mounts, weights...
The one I know rn has a good quality is Tein because it’s made for the exact SI functions
Also know that brands like KW, BC racing are good...

I’d appreciate if you guys help me find the right set up... thank you

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Coilover options BC7E6318-FEEE-44FE-AFC6-8174685AA980
Sponsored

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Most reputable brands offer nearly identical quality coilovers. All three brands you mentioned are solid choices, but I personally like BC racing.

And for the record, there currently isn't an aftermarket complete coilover set offered that allows you to utilize the factory adaptive dampening system. Any coilover set you get will have to paired with a sensor delete/dummy module that plugs into the ADS sensor to trick it into thinking it's working so that you aren't throwing codes.

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
OP
OP
JonasJoker

JonasJoker

First Name
Jona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
All the brands you've noted are good. As long as you get a good reputable brand with the ADS block would work great. Keep in mind it's also based on how low you go, spring rates, dampening, etc.

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
But these ones doesn’t come with the bypass right?
You pay extra for those, it's really not hard to hit a button on startup. So to me it's a waste of money for the bypass modules.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
You pay extra for those, it's really not hard to hit a button on startup. So to me it's a waste of money for the bypass modules.
I mean, maybe for you. I use my car in sport about 95% of the time cuz I make full boost in sport. I know the ADS light constantly on it would bother the hell outta me

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
I use my car in sport 100% of the time, you literally hit a button on the steering wheel and then all you see is the tiny info warning light. Tein's come with ads bypass modules... are 16 way adjustable which is trash compared to the others and the spring rates are too low. Pay for better coilovers without them and save the bypass module money for go fast things.

Last edited:

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
I mean, maybe for you. I use my car in sport about 95% of the time cuz I make full boost in sport. I know the ADS light constantly on it would bother the hell outta me
I use my car in sport 100% of the time, you literally hit a button on the steering wheel and then all you see is the tiny info warning light. Tein's come with ads bypass modules... are 16 way adjustable which is trash compared to the others and the spring rates are too low. Pay for better coilovers without them and save the bypass module money for go fast things. Everything else in sport mode still works so you're paying hundreds of dollars to get rid of a tiny light lol.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
I use my car in sport 100% of the time, you literally hit a button on the steering wheel and then all you see is the tiny info warning light. Tein's come with ads bypass modules... are 16 way adjustable which is trash compared to the others and the spring rates are too low. Pay more for better coilovers and save the bypass module money for go fast things.
Yea but the "i" is always on. Personally I wouldn't mind spending the money. If you're already spending the money you might as well do it correctly the first time around. But that's just me

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
Yea but the "i" is always on. Personally I wouldn't mind spending the money. If you're already spending the money you might as well do it correctly the first time around. But that's just me
Correctly ? My suspension is leaps and bounds better than stock so it's already been done correctly i just don't worry about a meaningless light, you do you boo.

Toppo | Si

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I use my car in sport 100% of the time, you literally hit a button on the steering wheel and then all you see is the tiny info warning light. Tein's come with ads bypass modules... are 16 way adjustable which is trash compared to the others and the spring rates are too low. Pay for better coilovers without them and save the bypass module money for go fast things.
Driving without that ADS bypass, have you run to any problems?
I do think that spending $320 just to get rid of lights is ridiculous..

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went with the HKS HiperMax IV coils when they first came out with the optional ADS bypass. I bought them from a member on here after he sold his Si for a Type-R while waiting for them to ship from Japan.

While I LOVE the way they ride and the adjustments being fairly easy the one big thing I do not like is the fact they don't come with front camber plates.

http://stores.axionind.com/honda-civic-si-fc1-fc3-2017-hks-hipermax-iv-gt-coilovers/

Dawsfc3

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Driving without that ADS bypass, have you run to any problems?
I do think that spending $320 just to get rid of lights is ridiculous..
No problems just have to keep pushing the menu button to get rid of the warning message. HeelToe has cancelers on sale for around $225

GBD

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Late to this thread, but does anyone have any experience or thoughts on these cancellers and how they're mounted? Any concerns with water/corrosion with them mounted outside like below:

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Coilover options 1601246503454
Sponsored