HONDA9783

First Name
Navin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 ctr
Country flag
Any one has a pic of husky mats on type r or anything other than w t ? i read clutch issues with some of the mats ..

thx
Sponsored

JDMFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CBP FK8 CTR
Country flag
3D Maxpiders are way better than weathertech, husky, and oem.

The fitment especially around the edges are just top notch compared to the other ones that seem to kind of "separate" from the actual floor of the car. Material is nice too, not as rugged feeling as the rubber options.

I feel like they may have changed their mats recently though -- even though I followed the instructions for the badge swap, the old 3D badge seems to have left an imprint. Not a huge deal to me though.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best choice for all weather floor mats? 159900536_770791510232825_2025876403751346367_n

Last edited:

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried a set of husky up front and it didn't fit snug. It was loose around the edges and had space between mat and gas pedal which I felt when pressing. even had the guy from the store come out and look as he thought I must have done something wrong....Might have just been packaging as it was a more flexible material but he looked and accepted an exchange for a set of WT

I have weather tech fronts the fitment is great. Still the style with the big "weathertech" sticker not the imprint (not sure is it makes a difference.

I have seen the tux mats in a buddies car up here. For the price the fit was awesome.
The material wore noticeably at his heel and there was another thread with pictures of the plate broken and the screws/rivets holding on the bottom of plate were rusting

My only issues with the WT is that they are not quite tall enough to stop the dirt from the toes of my shoes from getting over the top edge of the mat by the foot plate and the pedal, after a whole winter there was small buildup but compared to the OEM rubber it was a laughable amount and I find some small pebbles get stuck in the crease around the locks. All in they serve their purpose and have yet to disappoint me.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
WeatherTech Floorliner HP

4BFE01DC-1590-4721-8BF8-E118B3F8C6EC.jpeg
My Oedro mats are knockoffs of these. Be careful. That section that goes up behind the throttle pedal was preventing me from actually obtaining WOT. The factory mats don’t put any material there because it restricts peda travel. I trimmed that section away and got a noticeable boost in power.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
3D Maxpiders are way better than weathertech, husky, and oem.

The fitment especially around the edges are just top notch compared to the other ones that seem to kind of "separate" from the actual floor of the car. Material is nice too, not as rugged feeling as the rubber options.

I feel like they may have changed their mats recently though -- even though I followed the instructions for the badge swap, the old 3D badge seems to have left an imprint. Not a huge deal to me though.

159900536_770791510232825_2025876403751346367_n.jpg
Mine looks exactly the same after the badge swap. It was a choice of either punching two new holes (instead of one) to cover up the indent or just one and possibly leaving some overlap from the indent.

I also went with option #2. I think due to the placement of the posts on the Type R badge, it may be too late to relocate it with two new holes to cover the full indent, as it may expose the hole on the right side. I'm usually pretty OCD about little details like this but so far it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tuxmat by FAR. I originally looked straight for Weathertech, but as soon as i saw the dead pedal not fully covered I knew not to get anywhere near them. So much dirt is going to get below that area under the mat. Looking around a bit it was down to the 3d Maxspiders and the Tuxmats. I didn't like the optical illusion aspect ( super busy ) look of the 3D's and opted for the Leather look of the Tuxmats. Plus the added benefit of a big chunk of rubber under the driver pedal and brake. these things have a 95% coverage of the entire interior and i love em (only area that's not covered is between seat and door for a few inches. The only drawback I have come across is the hump area in the back, my driver seat when in the furthest 10% back position cut into the mat and left a mark back there. However since I'm the only driver, I'm not that tall, it doesn't concern me all that much.

I'm normally not a fan of the "Bucket" style floor mats because of their added lip around the edges but, for a car ( not a truck ) it looks just fine to me. it comes with 30 or so of these plastic clips you slide them under the trim so it holds the edges in place decently well though not perfect. but in my opinion, alot better than other brands.
Honda Civic 10th gen Best choice for all weather floor mats? IMG_20200320_170928

Honda Civic 10th gen Best choice for all weather floor mats? IMG_20200320_165629
Honda Civic 10th gen Best choice for all weather floor mats? IMG_20200320_170942
Honda Civic 10th gen Best choice for all weather floor mats? IMG_20200320_165554
Honda Civic 10th gen Best choice for all weather floor mats? IMG_20200320_170934

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I went with the oem all weather mats. The rest of them look horrible and I don’t see the need for the ’coverage’.

JDMFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CBP FK8 CTR
Country flag
Mine looks exactly the same after the badge swap. It was a choice of either punching two new holes (instead of one) to cover up the indent or just one and possibly leaving some overlap from the indent.

I also went with option #2. I think due to the placement of the posts on the Type R badge, it may be too late to relocate it with two new holes to cover the full indent, as it may expose the hole on the right side. I'm usually pretty OCD about little details like this but so far it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.
I feel ya. I'm on the exact same boat with the attention to detail, but I literally never look down there so it just hasn't triggered me yet. ?

OIK

First Name
Omair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Country flag
I went with OEM too but I wish I had gotten WeatherTech Floor Liner HP's. They seem to go higher around the edges which the OEM liners do have a bit of a lip but it is not enough IMHO.

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Second this for the 3dmaxspider

Although I don't have them for my Type R since it won't be seeing winter. I do have them in my 2014 Accord Coupe V6.
3D Spyders look so good in my car. I swapped out the emblem and they give a unique look over the others

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Life is too short to have boring floor mats. Keep the utility mats in your truck. Get the luxury you deserve. Get diamond quilting. Get leather

Honda Civic 10th gen Best choice for all weather floor mats? IMG_20200509_073531

Nyc5150

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X5
Country flag
Can you guys post the husky for front and rear ?

Also what's the best fitment for the trunk ?
Sponsored