Best bang for my buck for initial mods for Honda Civic 2017 LX

park265

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 LX
Hi,

So this is my first car that I've ever purchased on my own and as you can imagine I want to make it special. I'm relatively new to cars and performance parts but if anyone can reference car specific mods that obviously can be built on a budget.

I'm looking into new exhaust and deciding between CAI and a SRI so I guess if anyone can help me find a reliable brand that would fit in my 2.0 engine that would be awesome!
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
if you are on a budget, just save your money and leave it stock. either one of those mods will not make it fast

i would just do a drop in filter

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree with @dc2turbo. Unless you are just wanting to change things up for the fun of it and/or get some more sound out of the intake you will not be getting much bang for your buck modifying that motor with an intake, exhaust, ect.

That being said, a lot of guys just enjoy modifying their cars and don't really mind that they are getting to little to no performance gains. Nothing wrong with that.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If power is actually your goal, buy a programmer first. An ECU tune is going to be your best bang for your buck. After that, intake > catless downpipes > exhaust. A word of warning about big catless exhaust systems: They are loud and they WILL irritate the hell out of you sometimes. Loud exhausts are fun when your ripping on it.... and zero fun when you're driving back and forth to work. :-D

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
^^^ Agree, get a tune to make the performance V-tec work in first and second gear. If I was keeping my lx I would be doing that.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
If power is actually your goal, buy a programmer first. An ECU tune is going to be your best bang for your buck. After that, intake > catless downpipes > exhaust. A word of warning about big catless exhaust systems: They are loud and they WILL irritate the hell out of you sometimes. Loud exhausts are fun when your ripping on it.... and zero fun when you're driving back and forth to work. :-D
I want a exhaust next, but don't want the sound...have a flashpro and Intake

OP
OP

park265

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 LX
Yeah I'm not expecting huge performance gains. Like I said it's my first car so I just wanna play around with it a bit maybe get my acceleration up a little

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
Yeah I'm not expecting huge performance gains. Like I said it's my first car so I just wanna play around with it a bit maybe get my acceleration up a little
The best mod is driver mod... are you close to new jersey motorsport park? I would recommend NASA to beginners: http://nasane.com/

People at the track don't judge you for lack of experience/car. If you are there you get more respect than the other 99.9% of drivers that aren't there.

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX; 2004 Acura RSX Type S (turbo); 2014 Honda Accord LX
Country flag
I agree with DC2 turbo. I actually own a DC5 turbo and the best decision I ever made was purchasing my Hondata K-pro. You can tune your car and get more power and still get great gas mileage (disclaimer: as long as you don't go WOT). I still get 28-30 MPG with my DC5 after 13 long years boosting. I just got a short ram intake for my 2017 hatch, but that will not do much. Just hoping to get a better sound out of the engine.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best bang for my buck for initial mods for Honda Civic 2017 LX acura
Sponsored