Best All Season Tires

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Hi All,

I am looking for All season tires for my Civic Si to change the Stock A/S tires. I regret going with A/S and giving away summer tires.

Right now I guess Michelin A/S 3+ is best tire in benchmarks. Should I go with it or any other recommendations?

Honda Civic 10th gen Best All Season Tires 1587611237697
Sponsored

quakaroaks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sp, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm also researching myself on upgrading the A/S tires on stock wheels, and just riding the stock tires out until it's time for a change.

So far I've narrowed down to these:

-Michelin A/S 3+
-Conti DWS 06
-BF Goodrich Comp 2 A/s
-Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack (G. Touring A/S)

BF Goodrich is the least expensive of the 4 above. Looking for a balance of performance and comfort.

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
I'm also researching myself on upgrading the A/S tires on stock wheels, and just riding the stock tires out until it's time for a change.

So far I've narrowed down to these:

-Michelin A/S 3+
-Conti DWS 06
-BF Goodrich Comp 2 A/s
-Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack (G. Touring A/S)

BF Goodrich is the least expensive of the 4 above. Looking for a balance of performance and comfort.
I guess Conti DWS are not that great and as per tire rack potenza is better than Conti.

Do you know if I change my tires to summer then how much Honda will charge to change VSA threshold limits? May be someone can shed some light on this

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Recently got a set of Falken ZIEX960 a/s tires. It's been a great tire handling well in dry and wet. Not as crisp as the Goodyear Eagle Sport a/s tires but better ride, less noisy and absorbs bumps well. It has a slight road growl but not annoying. Also decently priced. I bought them from Discount Tire and mounted on my OEM Si wheels.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
I just changed out my stock Goodyear A/S for the Michelin PS A/S 3+. I did go up to 245/40/18 but the difference is substantial. I just have 50km on them and no rain experience (supposed to rain here tomorrow). I’ll update with wet grip.

Quieter , better ride, insane grip and better steering response.

quakaroaks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sp, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just changed out my stock Goodyear A/S for the Michelin PS A/S 3+. I did go up to 245/40/18 but the difference is substantial. I just have 50km on them and no rain experience (supposed to rain here tomorrow). I’ll update with wet grip.

Quieter , better ride, insane grip and better steering response.
Let me know what your thoughts are on comfort and firmness on the a/s 3+ as you get more seat time on the tires. Still deciding what tires to choose in dealing with the bad undulating roads in the northeast.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
As best as I can describe is way more refined. No slap or Bounce on expansion joints, very quiet. Handling and grip are substantially higher than stock. I would say as good as the Goodyear summer tire option ( I had the F1 Asymetrics on my 9th gen Si)
I was going to go Firestone Indy 500’s but I drive a lot and need better traction in the cold ( hence the all seasons).and long tread life.
I’ll let you know how they handle in the rain.

I do have dedicated snows for winter.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I have the stock Contis on my sport hatch and although decently loud they do grip pretty good and have very good grip in winter, I'd say about 70% of a decent winter tire. They honestly surprised me a lot on packed snow and ice, although traction in more than 2" of snow was horrendous. I have to say this was a northern Canada winter where most of the temps were below -20C and at least a month below -30C. I still like to run winters in winter but for the occasional snow fall they would do great. Wet traction is almost as high as dry traction as well and they're rated for 80k km wear. I'd like to go for summers but I drive 40k km/year atm so unless I want to change tires every other year I have to stick with better threadwear than traction.

Hope this helps a bit

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
So we finally had some rain that I could make some comparison notes between the Michelin PS A/S 3+ and the A/S Goodyears.

Straight line traction - worlds better! I could break the Goodyears loose in 3rd and
4th in the rain, Map 3 TSP Stage 1. The Michelins hook up even in 2nd gear!

Cornering - no looseness at equivalent speeds, I haven't pushed them yet to see how much higher the limits are...

Noise - The Michelins are super quiet, even through puddles. I was quite amazed.

I'm very happy with my purchase.

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
I have the michelin's and they are drastically better than the eagle sports in every way.

milosays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I just replaced all 4 Firestone FT140 OEM tires on my 2016 Civic Sedan touring with the Bridgestone Turanza Quiettracks. Im usually a Michelin guy loving the MXV and a few others I've had on my previous 2011 TSX and 2001 Civic Coupe. I think it's a forgone conclusion that the Civic could use copious amounts of more sound insulation and the OEM Firestones only served to reverberate the intense road noise along Honolulu's patchy roadways. The new Quiettracks, in my research not only had across the board better reviews than the Michelin A/S, but it also said it rode quieter and had better treadwear. I took my chance, and even after only about 100 miles, you can immediately hear and feel the difference. The car rides like a near luxury car now, with muted road noise. On areas where it was difficult if not impossible to hold a phone conversation over CarPlay, you can barely hear the road rumble. The tires smooth out the harshness of the uneven pavement and the car handles much more sure-footed. I love that the tire is V-rated, not necessarily for the top speed, but in my opinion, for the enhanced handling. Overall, I would highly recommend the Turanza Quiettrack if you're looking for a good balance of performance, handling, and noise reduction. I cannot overstate how much the road noise ruckus has been reduced with these tires!

Saadeq

First Name
Saadeq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I just replaced all 4 Firestone FT140 OEM tires on my 2016 Civic Sedan touring with the Bridgestone Turanza Quiettracks. Im usually a Michelin guy loving the MXV and a few others I've had on my previous 2011 TSX and 2001 Civic Coupe. I think it's a forgone conclusion that the Civic could use copious amounts of more sound insulation and the OEM Firestones only served to reverberate the intense road noise along Honolulu's patchy roadways. The new Quiettracks, in my research not only had across the board better reviews than the Michelin A/S, but it also said it rode quieter and had better treadwear. I took my chance, and even after only about 100 miles, you can immediately hear and feel the difference. The car rides like a near luxury car now, with muted road noise. On areas where it was difficult if not impossible to hold a phone conversation over CarPlay, you can barely hear the road rumble. The tires smooth out the harshness of the uneven pavement and the car handles much more sure-footed. I love that the tire is V-rated, not necessarily for the top speed, but in my opinion, for the enhanced handling. Overall, I would highly recommend the Turanza Quiettrack if you're looking for a good balance of performance, handling, and noise reduction. I cannot overstate how much the road noise ruckus has been reduced with these tires!
Thanks for the review on Quiettrack. I am thinking of them for replacing oem contis. I have a questions. How is the wet grip?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I went with Continental DWS06 as an upgrade over the stock Firestones. For a performance all season, they offer a nice balance of dry, wet and snow traction. Since I use one tire year round, I wanted good performance AND year round traction. These tires also ride relatively smoothly for a Y rated tire.

They may not be the best in class, but certainly an upgrade over the FT140's.

Last edited:

milosays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the review on Quiettrack. I am thinking of them for replacing oem contis. I have a questions. How is the wet grip?
Hasn't rained much in Hawaii lately, but in the times it has, ive noticed only a slight improvement in grip, but with that said, the tires do add a bit of confidence when driven by their overall improved performance.
Sponsored