best all season tires for a Hatchback sport touring?

ABaldWookie

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hey guys! I'm looking for recommendations for A/S tires for my 2017 Sport Touring. It is my daily driver, but I don't commute much. I'm almost at 25K miles and im only getting rid of the tires the car came with when I first bought it. Any suggestions? I didn't have a problem with the stock tires, I just wanna see if there are any other ones that you guys recommend. I've heard Michelins are the go to. I've also found these Yokohama tires. Any one know how these tires do?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...del=Civic Hatchback&autoModClar=Sport Touring
Sponsored

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is what I got: 235/40ZR-18 KUMHO ECSTA LX PLATINUM XL

I got two of these due to bubbles from a pothole in one of my tires, and I'm pretty happy. handling has improved a bit, and I still have the stock conti's on the back with 30k miles on them. And yes, it is time to swap those as well now lol.

What got me was someone in East Rochester (I live in Rochester, horrid winters and INSANE amount of potholes) put 80k miles on them and loved them in the crappy weather. I know you don't have as much bad weather out there -definitely no snow, and I'm not sure how the tread compound would wear depending on the temperature difference, but I love these tires right. And the price was...

Honda Civic 10th gen best all season tires for a Hatchback sport touring? Very nice

OP
OP
ABaldWookie

ABaldWookie

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag

I got two of these due to bubbles from a pothole in one of my tires, and I'm pretty happy. handling has improved a bit, and I still have the stock conti's on the back with 30k miles on them. And yes, it is time to swap those as well now lol.

What got me was someone in East Rochester (I live in Rochester, horrid winters and INSANE amount of potholes) put 80k miles on them and loved them in the crappy weather. I know you don't have as much bad weather out there -definitely no snow, and I'm not sure how the tread compound would wear depending on the temperature difference, but I love these tires right. And the price was...

Very nice.png
Right on! Thanks!

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT

Very nice.png
Yeah I think Kumho really balances price/performance/longevity really well!

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 is my fav. Will not last as long as a non-performance all-season due to soft grippy compound, but the traction in all conditions is amazing.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently put on a set of Si wheels and had Falken ZIEX AS 960s with the same OEM specs (235/40/18) and have been very happy with these. Decent road characteristics and road noise isn't really any worse than stock. Dry grip is decent and wet grip was very good, too. I wish the sidewalls were a bit stiffer but overall ride is great. I had a set of the Goodyear Eagle Sport AS before and I like the Falkens more in every respect beside handling where the Goodyears seemed a little better but not by a huge margin.
Sponsored