spiikey1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
Does anyone actually know if you go striaght pipe/one muffler delete/ resonator delete that you will lose or gain hp/low end tq?
Sponsored

fist4064

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 6MT Coupe, 2013 Nissan Frontier SV
Country flag
Now I know I am biased posting here but we are very proud of our exhaust system. Full T304 stainless piping, tuned resonators for the engine and chassis, MLS gaskets, all stainless steel hardware, machined step-nuts for ease of install and the works. That coupled with a lifetime warranty and we are happy to call this ours.

And as of today we now have the full turbo-back available for order.

fist4064

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 6MT Coupe, 2013 Nissan Frontier SV
Country flag
Do you have plans on releasing anything for the EX-T coupes? Please :)

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have plans on releasing anything for the EX-T coupes? Please :)
It's our hope to support all the trims and chassis but we are still far away from anything for that model anytime soon.

peterletran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe 6MT
Since when? They have the secondary o2 delete...........when did they stop it? Last time I liked under the "mod" drop down menu it was there......
Yea. Sorry. I take it back.
I was fiddling with flashpro manager very quickly and couldn't find it when I posted that previous post.
I guess I should put my catless downpipe back on, one of these days.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best aftermarket exhaust? Capture.PNG

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Does anyone actually know if you go striaght pipe/one muffler delete/ resonator delete that you will lose or gain hp/low end tq?
Yes, Honda is showing a 30 horsepower potential variance across the different models of Civics. These cars have high compression and good potential. From the lower trims with their smaller pipes and chambered mufflers up to the SI model with larger pipes and large chambered mufflers, power goes from 170-ish to 200, but when you take out the chambered mufflers and put in straight-through the engine finally wakes up, tone is improved, and the manual cars are easier to drive. The resonators are fine from factory but as part of smaller diameter pipes can restrict. The horsepower curve is shifted upwards definitely. You can follow the secret to better scavenging too by going from narrow pipes near engine to larger pipe and then reducer cone at tailpipe for max scavenging and horsepower potential.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
LOL, there will be NO increase in performance from a muffler/resonator delete, it is just for sound, catless DP there can be UP to 30hp but NOT from the exhaust.

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
2017 Honda Civic EX 1.5T: 174 HP, torque: 162 lb ft.

2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport: 180 HP, 177 lb ft.

2017 Honda Civic SI: 205 HP, 192 lb ft.

What accounts for the power changes? A different tune, intake, and exhaust on the SI as well as exhaust turbine wheel. On the hatchback, a different exhaust alone. If you took a The EX sedan or hatchback and threw on a well-designed exhaust, you would be looking at 15-20 horses more and similar torque increases if not more. My hatchback feels like it's around 195 horses. The off-idle response is better and the breathing has dramatically improved. NO CHANGES TO DOWNPIPE OR FRONT PIPE

With a increased boost, my power would be even higher.

fabster22

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport 6MT , 2018 Accord Lx
Country flag
If you’re talking about a full turbo-back exhaust, maybe. The restriction is at the downpipe. :thumbsup: Unless you have dyno sheets to prove a cat back can give you 15-20 (Injen doesn’t count)

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Tuning, turbo and recommended fuel, nothing to do with deleting any part of the exhaust except if the cat is deleted

spiikey1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
LOL, there will be NO increase in performance from a muffler/resonator delete, it is just for sound, catless DP there can be UP to 30hp but NOT from the exhaust.
This was my understanding of the straight pipe. You only get sound.
Muffler/resonator delete, you'd think there is more exhaust coming out faster so more power right?
I'm most likely wrong. haha

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I thought that write up was sarcastic the entire time lol. I agree power is in the downpipe, especially under 400 horse. PRL tested this theory already.

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I thought that write up was sarcastic the entire time lol. I agree power is in the downpipe, especially under 400 horse. PRL tested this theory already.
PRL make and sell downpipes so don't ask them how much power a Greddy or Injen exhaust will make. Try again.

Depending on your combination and parts, and depending on what RPM range you want to attack, a great exhaust system can be designed and built. The Honda cat is not as restrictive as other make of cats, and tuners such as VitViper have proven this. If you look at the stock cat you will see this. Now, no cat will help the turbo to spool faster but top end power will not be as affected. If you take the restrictive mufflers out and put straight through race mufflers you will help your top end flow and power output.

It is one thing to Dyno test and show the results with many different combinations but this takes time. Saying something on a forum is not proof. Still though, I do not have any agenda besides sharing my results on my car as a member. You can take it for what it's worth or try different exhaust and intake options yourself. What I can tell you is that my Civic is breathing much better and is a cat versus the kitten it was before. Top end is way better. It's like a different car on the highway.

crxFITcivicBOY

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really want to get the GReddy exhaust for my 6MT Hatchback sport... I’m driving with the windows down and I can still barely hear the stock exhaust lol. With windows up it’s silent... Anyone have regrets with their Greddy SP?

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I really want to get the GReddy exhaust for my 6MT Hatchback sport... I’m driving with the windows down and I can still barely hear the stock exhaust lol. With windows up it’s silent... Anyone have regrets with their Greddy SP?
Hi there. I think the answer depends on the end user because aftermarket exhausts all flow better than stock so it comes down to what kind of noise you like. The Hatchback Sport Greddy is a single muffler and offers far more sound than stock. If it ever seems too loud you can add a 14in Ultraquiet Vibrant resonator in the stock location. You will have 3 in exhaust going back for faster turbo spool and flow.

Hopefully your question can get answered by someone with the Greddy because I have only heard the video clips. Good luck and let us know what you think if you get this one.
Sponsored