Best aftermarket exhaust?

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I'm about to purchase my Hatch and I'm just looking into future mods down the road. I am ditching my Mustang and coming to the Honda side. I like loud, but at the same time I don't want the typical "honda rice" sound.
You getting a CVT or 6 Speed?
Sponsored

OP
OP
HatchHTX

HatchHTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why the CVT?
I'll be 100% I don't know how to drive manual and also I'm going to be doing a lot of driving on 45. Maybe later down the road ill trade in for the manual, but for now ill take the CVT

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll be 100% I don't know how to drive manual and also I'm going to be doing a lot of driving on 45. Maybe later down the road ill trade in for the manual, but for now ill take the CVT
Dude, you can learn to drive manual in 2 hours. I can personally teach you. Manual version of the Sport is cheaper, and actually gets better mpg on the highway. This is actually my first manual car as well, so glad I got manual over CVT, the experience is just so much more engaging. Clutch is super light, I hit traffic every now and then, and it's no problem, never wish I wasn't driving manual. My wife actually also has a 16 Civic Touring, and driving her car makes me miss mine, lol. Trading in later, means losing more money bro.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You also have to think about the limits of the CVT when it comes to performance mods. 6MT is a lot stronger. Check out my build. Would you think I've only been driving manual for a little less than 2 years?

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is the easiest car to learn to drive stick on. Taught my gf in 30 minutes. Get the manual or you’ll regret it !
Truth. I've taught my wife, and like three other people as well in this car. They were taking off, and shifting gears in an hour and a half.

Xepharyx

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Yep, learned myself on my car, and taught my roommate clutch control and 1st gear in an hour. I would recommend it from an exhaust sound standpoint as well. I've heard a straight-piped CVT before, although admittedly it was a Nissan CVT (considered the worst of the bunch), and it didn't sound that great. Don't let us push you in to something that you don't want, and I've heard great things about the 10th gen CVT, but from a noise standpoint, manual trans is probably the way to go.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Tot
Yep, learned myself on my car, and taught my roommate clutch control and 1st gear in an hour. I would recommend it from an exhaust sound standpoint as well. I've heard a straight-piped CVT before, although admittedly it was a Nissan CVT (considered the worst of the bunch), and it didn't sound that great. Don't let us push you in to something that you don't want, and I've heard great things about the 10th gen CVT, but from a noise standpoint, manual trans is probably the way to go.
Totally agree, CVT sounds odd, nothing like the sound of an exhaust at gear shift.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now I know I am biased posting here but we are very proud of our exhaust system. Full T304 stainless piping, tuned resonators for the engine and chassis, MLS gaskets, all stainless steel hardware, machined step-nuts for ease of install and the works. That coupled with a lifetime warranty and we are happy to call this ours.

And as of today we now have the full turbo-back available for order.

OP
OP
HatchHTX

HatchHTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now I know I am biased posting here but we are very proud of our exhaust system. Full T304 stainless piping, tuned resonators for the engine and chassis, MLS gaskets, all stainless steel hardware, machined step-nuts for ease of install and the works. That coupled with a lifetime warranty and we are happy to call this ours.

And as of today we now have the full turbo-back available for order.
Do you have a video of what it sounds like?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase