Benefits of Lowly '16 LX

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
$ thousands less $
No rain sensing issues; has intermittent setting.
No infotainment issues; no touch screen issues; 5" screen more than adequate for what it does.
Real intuitive volume KNOB with push on-off; has steering wheel controls also.

A few frills missing, but I'd go this way again, if I had to do over ...
First, it was NOT "$ thousands less $". For me, it was just under $1,000 more for EX vs LX.

Also the LX doesn't have variable intermittent wipers. The one setting intermittent is almost useless.
Sponsored

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
At least no one will steal it. :p
right. they don't know how to drive MT. And they don't know enough to appreciate the 2.0. One of the best things about it. But women might steal the CVT. Or little boys.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was at first dead set in the 2.0 MT LX coupe, took it for a test drive, liked it, reasonably peppy. took the EX-T MT coupe out right after and was sold immediately on the 1.5-t. I'm Not worried about the reliability of a turbo, Honda is no stranger to turbos. Maybe the 1.5 might be more reliable because it doesn't have v-tec. Won't be worrying about v-tec actuator issues anyway.

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
right. they don't know how to drive MT. And they don't know enough to appreciate the 2.0. One of the best things about it. But women might steal the CVT. Or little boys.
Yep, exactly my point. This civic is my wife's second automatic, the first one being a 2013 civic ex-l. Before that, all manuals for her and I. Right now I drive an Escape 2.0 turbo. And I hate the automatic. Tried to convince her to get the manual, but no luck.

And no point in knocking the CVT. You can walk around masturbating about your LX manual all you want but no need to insult people for choosing a CVT. I've driven manuals for 35 years straight, and my wanker is still the same size. At least I still have a full head of non-gray hair at 53. :beer:

Last edited:

Negan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Batmobile
Benefits of Horses
  • Runs on food.
  • No electronics whatsoever.
  • Has horsepower. Literally.
  • No insurance required.
  • Has a personality.
  • Can be used for dramatic scenes, entrances, and poses.
  • Produces natural fertilizer.
Cars? Lol.

rje58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX 2017 6-speed manual
Country flag
Each model has it's own advantages and disadvantages, and what is an advantage to one person is a disadvantage to others. Whatever happened to "... to each his own "?

I have a 2017 Civic LX and I actually appreciate the fact that it only has one intermittent setting! The last two or three cars I've owned before this one had four or five levels of intermittent wipers, and I found myself constantly adjusting them, since rain quantity and intensity is rarely consistent. I had finally reached the point that I either set the wipers on "Low", or just used the single manual swipe function, instead of even using the multi-level intermittent wipers.

Also the LX doesn't have variable intermittent wipers. The one setting intermittent is almost useless.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
$ thousands less $
No rain sensing issues; has intermittent setting.
No infotainment issues; no touch screen issues; 5" screen more than adequate for what it does.
Real intuitive volume KNOB with push on-off; has steering wheel controls also.

A few frills missing, but I'd go this way again, if I had to do over ...
love these and they crossover to the 17 LX hatch except the thousands less. I'll add 16 inch wheels and tires as my experience has always been smaller is better when it comes to comfort and ride quality although I would go 18s on this gen Civic for the sheer shock and awe factor.

Last edited:

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Climate control all on its own display is a big plus!
I love the climate control on its own in my LX. I'm telling you, Honda nailed the options thru their deep lineup. I wish I had blind spot but can't have it all.

Wasn't there already a thread like this by the same OP? Seems very familiar...
Anyway, I am very glad I chose the EX. I'd deeply regret missing out on all these goodies. But I am young and love technology, well worth the extra money for me.
you get a sunroof with an EX?

Last edited:

CosmicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6M
Country flag
No direct injection! Very few gas engines produced today still send the a/f mixture in from behind the intake valves, but the 2.0 does.
I also wanted the 6MT and love it. I figure I will do 200,000-300,000 miles on mine, so the LX was my choice. We will see if I made the right call in 8 or 9 years :)

kvnhmmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I love the climate control on its own in my LX. I'm telling you, Honda nailed the options thru their deep lineup. I wish I had blind spot but can't have it all.
I just wish my Touring had MEMORY SEATS. My wife drives the Civic often, and it's super annoying for us to have to adjust everything whenever we switch off.

Otherwise we're quite happy with the features of the Touring, even though some of the features have quirks.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
Yep. Wasn't something I had really wanted but I use it nearly every day.
I feel my Hatch is more rigid without a SR. It's certainly lighter. Also, the 16s feel real light on their feet. How are your 17s? Do you hardly use your BSM? If anyone finds a wrecked '16 civic with BSM, let me know so I can scoop one up.

Last edited:

CanineGunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
I feel my Hatch is more rigid without a SR. It's certainly lighter. Also, the 16s feel real light on their feet. How are your 17s? Do you hardly use your BSM? If anyone finds a wrecked '16 civic with BSM, let me know so I can scoop one up.
Haven't had enough experience with 16s to compare. Will have 16s for winter though. And no Civic (thus far at least) has blind spot monitoring. Lanewatch camera only. Edit: Unless other countries got it...