Before and After Window Tints! (2017 Hatch)

MILLERCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX (w/Sensing) in Sonic Grey Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was super pumped to get my windows tinted since I commute in LA and its always brutally hot. Decided to go with the 20% all around because its always really bright.

Before:

Honda Civic 10th gen Before and After Window Tints! (2017 Hatch) upload_2017-9-2_21-14-12

Honda Civic 10th gen Before and After Window Tints! (2017 Hatch) upload_2017-9-2_21-21-17

Had it done at Marina Audio Stereo in Seaside, CA. Ryan is the best!

Choosing & Cutting the Film:

Honda Civic 10th gen Before and After Window Tints! (2017 Hatch) upload_2017-9-2_21-16-32

Honda Civic 10th gen Before and After Window Tints! (2017 Hatch) upload_2017-9-2_21-16-49

After:

Honda Civic 10th gen Before and After Window Tints! (2017 Hatch) upload_2017-9-2_21-17-20

Honda Civic 10th gen Before and After Window Tints! (2017 Hatch) upload_2017-9-2_21-17-34

I'm super happy with it! Cost me $245. Quality Tint is well worth it!

Honda Civic 10th gen Before and After Window Tints! (2017 Hatch) upload_2017-9-2_21-12-43

secretaznman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ CRV & 17’ CTR #3284
Country flag
Looks good! Did the installer have to remove the rear spoiler? Shops around me are quoting around $400 because they have to remove it.

OP
OP
MILLERCIVIC

MILLERCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks good! Did the installer have to remove the rear spoiler? Shops around me are quoting around $400 because they have to remove it.
So my guy said there were two options:

1. Remove the spoiler and tint the entire windshield in one continuous film (which essentially just means another "hour" of labor)

2. They could do the back windshield in a top piece and a separate bottom piece (which is cheaper but doesn't look as clean)

I went with the #1 because I wanted it to look nice and last. In my opinion, $245 was a little more than I wanted to spend, but I'm really glad I did it. $400 seems pretty steep to me, but it depends on your location. I'm in CA where tint shops are common, so they have to compete with lower prices. What would they be charging you for a standard back window tint (not having to remove the spoiler?) It should only be an extra hour or so for labor. My guy said its a pain but doesn't take too long.

secretaznman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ CRV & 17’ CTR #3284
Country flag
So my guy said there were two options:

1. Remove the spoiler and tint the entire windshield in one continuous film (which essentially just means another "hour" of labor)

2. They could do the back windshield in a top piece and a separate bottom piece (which is cheaper but doesn't look as clean)

I went with the #1 because I wanted it to look nice and last. In my opinion, $245 was a little more than I wanted to spend, but I'm really glad I did it. $400 seems pretty steep to me, but it depends on your location. I'm in CA where tint shops are common, so they have to compete with lower prices. What would they be charging you for a standard back window tint (not having to remove the spoiler?) It should only be an extra hour or so for labor. My guy said its a pain but doesn't take too long.
I’d gladly pay $245 if I could find a shop here that would do it for that haha. Full tint with a standard back window here would cost around $300. So basically add another $100 for labor to remove the spoiler. I’m considering removing the spoiler myself to save $100 but I have the tendency to break things when I work on cars lol

OP
OP
MILLERCIVIC

MILLERCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’d gladly pay $245 if I could find a shop here that would do it for that haha. Full tint with a standard back window here would cost around $300. So basically add another $100 for labor to remove the spoiler. I’m considering removing the spoiler myself to save $100 but I have the tendency to break things when I work on cars lol
If you're not confident, I wouldn't risk it. Just bite the bullet and get it done right. Will be worth it in the end. Just my 2¢

hawjdude

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch, Evo 8, GTR, Supra, RX7
Is the back wing just held onto by double-sided tape? My tint shop is charging 220+75 for removal of wing.

OP
OP
MILLERCIVIC

MILLERCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So small update: my tint still looks amazing and I love its aesthetic and functionality. However, it seems like my tint shop did not properly reinstall my rear spoiler and it seems a little lose when I close the trunk. I will probably just take it apart myself to tighten it (I trust myself with that sort of panel work) but just grab you rear spoiler and make sure it was installed properly after the back window tint. They did a nice job, but just needed to be a bit more thorough on the install.

secretaznman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ CRV & 17’ CTR #3284
Country flag
Just had my windows tinted two days ago for $325. I went with 25% all around. I just checked the rear spoiler and it seems solid. Here are some before and after pics
Honda Civic 10th gen Before and After Window Tints! (2017 Hatch) IMG_0648.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Before and After Window Tints! (2017 Hatch) IMG_0665

OP
OP
MILLERCIVIC

MILLERCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just had my windows tinted two days ago for $325. I went with 25% all around. I just checked the rear spoiler and it seems solid. Here are some before and after pics
IMG_0648.JPG
IMG_0665.jpg
Looks awesome! Love those wheels too!
Sponsored