Tonycivicboi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hi, just bought a 3021 Civic hatchback 6 months ago.
I have been reading online for a shifter setup and came down to these two. What do you guys think is better?

i plan on getting the Acuity Shifter Cale Bushings.

for the shifter itself, im stuck between Acuity Adjustable shifter assembly or OEM Type T shifter assembly from dealer with Acuity combo?

54100-tgh-g01
Sponsored

Last edited:

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do you mind sharing some pics? I'd like to see what a Civic looks like 1000 years from now.

The cable bushings are a great upgrade.

When you say short shifter, do you mean the short throw adapter or the entire fully adjustable shifter assembly? The whole ACUITY assembly is top notch. If you're just talking the adapter, I'd get the R shifter assembly.

A good middle ground is the Type R assembly, with all the ACUITY add-ons. Amazing balance of price to performance.

The boys at @Unity Performance carry the CTR + ACUITY combo

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hello, welcome to the club!

So with Acuity's own shifter you are paying for the engineering and build quality, as well as complete adjustability of how you want your shifter to feel. Either setting is very tactile, and will feel more direct + involve more strength to row between gears versus any OEM setup. Anyone who experiences this for the first time, the words are always "Oh Wow!". Ultimate 6MT shifting experience in a Civic with this setup if that's what you're seeking ??

The 2020+ CTR OEM Shifter plus Acuity upgrades will give you the best possible shifting experience you can get from a factory piece. Shifts are short and precise, there's very little play with the lever when you add the Acuity upgrades, and it won't require any extra strength to row between the gears. This is the more budget-friendly way to go, it'll be a treat to row through nonetheless!

Hope that breakdown helps, both are excellent setups that we have in our cars and that we have on our site :)

https://unity-performance.com/search?q=Acuity&pf_pt_product_type=Transmission

OP
OP
Tonycivicboi

Tonycivicboi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Any difference between buying from the Acuity website vs Unity website or they are the same?

also what year type r shift is best or does that not matter?

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Last I checked, I could get most of the Acuity stuff @ Amazon with Prime shipping, even for Hawaii.

I choose OEM Type R for my Hatch along with most of the Acuity parts thru Amazon. Acuity's design shifter is rather overpriced, unless it can be had for cheap.

On the other hand, I have an MGW shifter, body machined out of billet T6 aluminum, shifter stem out of high grade stainless, delrin bushing + bearing all contributed to a compact and stout shifter that offers a true no nonsense "bolt action" shifting experience on my C6 for much less money than the complex, bolt up aluminum sheet tower on the Acuity unit.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Any difference between buying from the Acuity website vs Unity website or they are the same?

also what year type r shift is best or does that not matter?
The Acuity items themselves are exactly the same (not the CTR shifter itself, obviously). So, no difference there. You might be able to build your own bundle for less by ordering the shifter from an online Honda dealer, and then the Acuity stuff separately either direct or elsewhere (like Amazon). That said, you're not going to save a whole lot, and personally I think there's something to be said for supporting the forum's sponsors. And it's nice getting everything you need in one box.

As always, ymmv.

And you want the 2020 CTR assembly specifically, not an older model.
Sponsored