First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thats correct, these are custom spring rates from BC racing. You can also ask for swift springs for an additional charge.
If you don't mind me asking, what custom spring rate did you ask them for? I'm assuming 15-20k due to being that low and to reduce the travel distance of bouncing right?
Sponsored

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you don't mind me asking, what custom spring rate did you ask them for? I'm assuming 15-20k due to being that low and to reduce the travel distance of bouncing right?
I never mind lol, i did a 14k front 12k rear. The front was amazing but the rear was a little too stiff. I changed the rears for 10k and its a lot better now

noelbnetz

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never mind lol, i did a 14k front 12k rear. The front was amazing but the rear was a little too stiff. I changed the rears for 10k and its a lot better now
Also in that side picture of your car at the gas station with the coilovers on, is that maxed out or was there still some room to go lower?

Patrik25

First Name
Patrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic si coupe
Country flag
Hey guys
I have a question. I just installed my coilovers but driver side is higher then passenger side.
I decide to put my car in the level so on the passenger side is different measurement and on the driver side is different measurement. Is that ok? Or should I put the same measurement on both sides?

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe (SOLD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys
I have a question. I just installed my coilovers but driver side is higher then passenger side.
I decide to put my car in the level so on the passenger side is different measurement and on the driver side is different measurement. Is that ok? Or should I put the same measurement on both sides?
Count the number of threads. Make sure that they match on each side. Or you can use a measuring tape or micrometer to make sure that both sides are the same. You don't want the height to be different on one side to the other. The front and back can differ.. In other words:

Front left and front right should match in height.
Back left and back right should match in height.

Patrik25

First Name
Patrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Count the number of threads. Make sure that they match on each side. Or you can use a measuring tape or micrometer to make sure that both sides are the same. You don't want the height to be different on one side to the other. The front and back can differ.. In other words:

Front left and front right should match in height.
Back left and back right should match in height.
That's what I trying to explain because first I had the same measurment front left front right but driver side was higher it is like 1/4 inch different so I went down with driver side to make level and I don't know if it's ok to leave it like that.

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's what I trying to explain because first I had the same measurment front left front right but driver side was higher it is like 1/4 inch different so I went down with driver side to make level and I don't know if it's ok to leave it like that.
Something's definitely off if you had the height adjustment setting the same on both sides and one side is higher.

Patrik25

First Name
Patrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Something's definitely off if you had the height adjustment setting the same on both sides and one side is higher.
I don't know what can be off because everything is tight. I had the same issue with the eibach springs driver side was higher then passenger side. I measured preload is the same so I don't know where is the problem

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know what can be off because everything is tight. I had the same issue with the eibach springs driver side was higher then passenger side. I measured preload is the same so I don't know where is the problem
Ok. Preload was what I was thinking may have been off. It's possible that there is a defect in the manufacturing process.. But I would want someone else to weigh in with their thoughts on this. My knowledge is very limited.

Patrik25

First Name
Patrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok. Preload was what I was thinking may have been off. It's possible that there is a defect in the manufacturing process.. But I would want someone else to weigh in with their thoughts on this. My knowledge is very limited.
It's 1/4 different when you have bigger gap you can't see it but when you have gap less then for one finger then you can see different. Well thank you for help

Patrik25

First Name
Patrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You don't leave far ALLENTOWN?
I like your SI look really good!

Patrik25

First Name
Patrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah we're pretty close. I like yours too. We're riding clean in the black coupes.
Yeah. I just have to figure it out what's the problem. I will have to go to the shop ask them what can be problem with coilovers but I didn't want to spend I don't know how much money for the install. Did you install your or shop did it ??

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah. I just have to figure it out what's the problem. I will have to go to the shop ask them what can be problem with coilovers but I didn't want to spend I don't know how much money for the install. Did you install your or shop did it ??
I had a shop ran by my brother's friend do it at first but he messed it up in the rear so I had to go to a more reputable shop to have the install done correctly.

Patrik25

First Name
Patrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had a shop ran by my brother's friend do it at first but he messed it up in the rear so I had to go to a more reputable shop to have the install done correctly.
Maybe you have the same like me you didn't measure yours right?
Sponsored