OIK

First Name
Omair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Country flag
Anyone know the weight of a LE BBS 20" Forged rim?

ShaneP865

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
at that price i prefer the Mugen forged wheels

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Anyone know the weight of a LE BBS 20" Forged rim?
10.79kg/rim, 43.16kg/set (23.74lbs/rim, 94.95lbs/set)

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
Ordered the LE wheels and received some of them (last one should arrive in a couple of weeks). Unfortunately they do not come with the center caps. The LE caps are satin black, just like the rest of the wheel. The original type R caps are gloss black and don't quite look as nice on the LE wheels. The LE caps are on backorder with no ETA in sight.

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
What is the offset of the Acura wheels? And what are your observations on differences in handling (hard to pin down when you have two things changing at one, wheel and tire). Did you notice increase in torque steer?

What I like about the LE wheels is that they were designed for the Type R (e.g. the right amount of give/flex for the Type R weight), with one goal in sight: breaking the Suzuka track record for FWD.

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
What is the offset of the Acura wheels? And what are your observations on differences in handling (hard to pin down when you have two things changing at one, wheel and tire). Did you notice increase in torque steer?

What I like about the LE wheels is that they were designed for the Type R (e.g. the right amount of give/flex for the Type R weight), with one goal in sight: breaking the Suzuka track record for FWD.
The Acura wheel is +55 ET offset. It’s about as close to stock as you can get without going custom. Handling is slightly relaxed compared to stock due to more tire sidewall. The main reason I went with them were for all season tires to get thru the Midwest winter. I could buy a couple of spare wheels for what LE wheels cost. And no torque steer either
I think you’ll definitely notice the lighter wheel weight. These are about 18lbs. About the same as LE wheels. You WILL feel it

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
According to this the LE BBS wheels are ~4.5 lbs. lighter than the "regular" Type R wheels. That would put them at around 24.6 lbs.:

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/you-cant-turn-a-2021-honda-civic-type-r-into-a-limited-edition-clone/

The forged Acura NSX wheels weigh ~18.9 lbs..

You're about right. Using my bathroom scale (which is not very accurate with low weights), I got two readings, one for 23.8 lbs and one for 24 lbs (see pic). Since the Acura wheels are forged, much lighter than the LE wheels, and the offset is very close, I think they're an excellent bargain for Type R.

This is how they come in the box, without center caps:

Honda Civic 10th gen BBS Forged Type-R Wheels Quotes! sam3_Type_R_LE_Wheel_in_box

Reading 24 lbs on bathroom scales:

Honda Civic 10th gen BBS Forged Type-R Wheels Quotes! sam3_Type_R_LE_Wheel_Weight

OIK

First Name
Omair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I was trying to get a lighter wheel set up than the one on my current LE which has the wheels at ~24 lbs and the Cup 2’s at ~22 lbs.

Desmond Regamaster 18x10 ET50 Wheels are 18.342 lbs and PS4S will be ~26 lbs.

i.e. I am only loosing ~1.6 lbs per corner. This will most likely only be felt by my fine tuned grundle aka I won’t feel shit besides the different tire and wheel combination.

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
I weighed my BBS LE wheels with tire on a scale tires are Nitto Invo which were 25lbs and total weight was 51lbs.

Not much difference in weight, but what I noticed is the weight distribution of the wheel is better spread out then the oem 20s if that makes sense... the brunt of the weight doesn’t feel centered.

Some Cup2s should have it under 50lbs as the Nitto Invo tires are on the heavier side, plus I have the thicker sidewall at 245/35/20 ..... Will get some 30s Cup2s for next time around.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
You're about right. Using my bathroom scale (which is not very accurate with low weights), I got two readings, one for 23.8 lbs and one for 24 lbs (see pic). Since the Acura wheels are forged, much lighter than the LE wheels, and the offset is very close, I think they're an excellent bargain for Type R.

This is how they come in the box, without center caps:

sam3_Type_R_LE_Wheel_in_box.jpg

Reading 24 lbs on bathroom scales:

sam3_Type_R_LE_Wheel_Weight.jpg
Good choice. Any pics with it on? And where did you pick those up from? Bernardi?

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
Good choice. Any pics with it on? And where did you pick those up from? Bernardi?
I got 3 wheels and waiting for the fourth one on backorder. Hopefully it'll arrive later this month. Once I have all 4, I'll wrap them in Cup 2's and take some pics. I ordered them through a local dealer. You can order them from any Honda dealer. They should be able to match Bernardi's price.

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
I got 3 wheels and waiting for the fourth one on backorder. Hopefully it'll arrive later this month. Once I have all 4, I'll wrap them in Cup 2's and take some pics. I ordered them through a local dealer. You can order them from any Honda dealer. They should be able to match Bernardi's price.
Is there a part number for the center caps? I thought BBS and oem wheels shared the same cap
Sponsored