_DannyC_

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If I install a bayson R front lip on my ‘18 Si can I delete the front honey comb grill so I can expose the intercooler? I want to remove the mesh without a lip because I heard it makes the bottom lip droop.
Sponsored

MaoFC3

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If I install a bayson R front lip on my ‘18 Si can I delete the front honey comb grill so I can expose the intercooler? I want to remove the mesh without a lip because I heard it makes the bottom lip droop.
Great choice as it has an insert that makes it more secure as for the drooping its minimal, but there is “bowing” you could tell the intercoolers heavy but its secure ive went 1XX no problem on the highway

Honda Civic 10th gen Bayson R front grill delete D5A92C13-106D-4A8B-90ED-D61B28D1CAAD

OP
OP
_DannyC_

_DannyC_

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
That looks absolutely glorious my friend. How's the intercooler with rock damage? I live in PA so rock damage can be rather harsh. Would removing the front grill be an issue you think?

MaoFC3

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
That looks absolutely glorious my friend. How's the intercooler with rock damage? I live in PA so rock damage can be rather harsh. Would removing the front grill be an issue you think?
No matter what rocks are going to hit your intercooler, the mesh definitely helps with the rocks but the rocks are so small it doesnt matter its still going to hit, and honestly theres not really any “damage” so to speak as my stock intercooler had worst damage even with the mesh on. If i had to do it again id keep the mesh on only because i like an oem plus look, definitely makes the car SUPER aggressive and it looks straight out of a super street magazine. If you are getting a stencil on an intercooler be weary as rock chips are pretty brutal

OP
OP
_DannyC_

_DannyC_

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
No matter what rocks are going to hit your intercooler, the mesh definitely helps with the rocks but the rocks are so small it doesnt matter its still going to hit, and honestly theres not really any “damage” so to speak as my stock intercooler had worst damage even with the mesh on. If i had to do it again id keep the mesh on only because i like an oem plus look, definitely makes the car SUPER aggressive and it looks straight out of a super street magazine. If you are getting a stencil on an intercooler be weary as rock chips are pretty brutal
Hmm interesting. I did order the Bayson R lip Atleast. But now that you said if you could do it again you wouldn’t cut the grill, I’m really reconsidering doing it. Can you order an OEM replacement part if I want to replace it later on?

MaoFC3

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hmm interesting. I did order the Bayson R lip Atleast. But now that you said if you could do it again you wouldn’t cut the grill, I’m really reconsidering doing it. Can you order an OEM replacement part if I want to replace it later on?
Great choice its a solid lip, i say that but here i am with a mesh delete lol. Im sure you can as its held up my tabs but dont quote me on that as ive looked extensively behind the front bumper.If you like the look i’d say go for it as it looks pretty sick lol. About 8000 miles without the mesh and its held on fine just take your time doing it if you decide to do it. I originally was going to put splitter rods on it to drill into the lip for extra support but ended up scrapping that idea since my intercooler/lip gave me no problems

OP
OP
_DannyC_

_DannyC_

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Great choice its a solid lip, i say that but here i am with a mesh delete lol. Im sure you can as its held up my tabs but dont quote me on that as ive looked extensively behind the front bumper.If you like the look i’d say go for it as it looks pretty sick lol. About 8000 miles without the mesh and its held on fine just take your time doing it if you decide to do it. I originally was going to put splitter rods on it to drill into the lip for extra support but ended up scrapping that idea since my intercooler/lip gave me no problems
There is an OEM replacement part for the part of the grill that you cut correct? Cause if there isn’t I don’t want to cut it.

MaoFC3

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
There is an OEM replacement part for the part of the grill that you cut correct? Cause if there isn’t I don’t want to cut it.
I havent done much research so i cant say for sure, but if thats your concern you’re better off keeping it on there

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
i have the type R front bumper and i thought about cutting the mesh haven't seen an OEM replacement tho.... so thats the only part holding me back lol