ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
I did go check to see what time 99 Chicken closed. 2230 on both Friday and Saturday night. The Honey Chicken was great!
Sponsored

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
Are the milpitas meets still going on? Last I heard they stopped having meets there due to 5.0 activity.

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
Are the milpitas meets still going on? Last I heard they stopped having meets there due to 5.0 activity.
The cops have some kind of relationship with the organizers from what I've heard and they've always emphasized being cool. 5-O would patrol the lot from a distance and were generally pretty cool as long as people weren't stupid.

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
On a more serious note, I just read the NHTSA report and there is no solution yet and definitely not worth calling your dealer. The expanded recall does cover my 2018-2020-which I'm actually glad since the whole sloshing thing is something I've experienced a couple of times.

Project-09373

First Name
Chris B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RD7 | FK8 | YZF-R1
Country flag
On a more serious note, I just read the NHTSA report and there is no solution yet and definitely not worth calling your dealer. The expanded recall does cover my 2018-2020-which I'm actually glad since the whole sloshing thing is something I've experienced a couple of times.
What are the symptom's? I haven't experienced and issues thus far– I think it falls within a particular build date, right?

If I do run into an issue I will probably go aftermarket at that point, future proofing. =)

Project-09373

First Name
Chris B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RD7 | FK8 | YZF-R1
Country flag
Sup guys,

Who's interested in a mini meet this coming Friday (4/2/21), evening around 6PM?

Location would be at the Lawrence Starbucks parking lot in Santa Clara.

3605 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95051

Welcomed to a mature crowd– obviously keep your distance and wear a mask.

Thanks.

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sup guys,

Who's interested in a mini meet this coming Friday (4/2/21), evening around 6PM?

Location would be at the Lawrence Starbucks parking lot in Santa Clara.

3605 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95051

Welcomed to a mature crowd– obviously keep your distance and wear a mask.

Thanks.
The last meet was fun! Interested but unable to meet this Friday unfortunately. Maybe next time! Hope it turns out great!

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
What are the symptom's? I haven't experienced and issues thus far– I think it falls within a particular build date, right?

If I do run into an issue I will probably go aftermarket at that point, future proofing. =)
Both times it's happened to me, I was at half a tank or less and accelerating out of a corner. Engine goes to limp mode and you'll see a mismatch warning. CEL comes on. Restart does not clear the fault but filling the tank does. It's a 2018-2020 thing. What it feels like is acceleration pushes the fuel mostly away from the pickup and that causes the pump to cavitate lowering fuel pressure in the system or the pump to overheat (it's always wigs me out that the pump with its electrical connections, sits in a fuel tank and depends on being covered in a flammable liquid for cooling). Could be that just opening the fuel door resets but I've always needed gas anyway.

People who track their cars regularly seem to see this more than most.
Sponsored