Project-09373

First Name
Chris B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RD7 | FK8 | YZF-R1
Country flag
This coming week is set to be partly cloudy/clear up until Saturday or Sunday.

Anybody interested in the Starbucks at Lawrence and El Camino on say Wednesday evening? Around 7ish?

Maybe park in the back as there's a good sized parking lot-and it's sorta lit.
This coming Wednesday evening works for me. I’ll be out there.
Sponsored

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
This coming Wednesday evening works for me. I’ll be out there.
Cool!

I totally forgot that this morning was Cars & Coffee at Chromatic Coffee. It was Lambo & McLaren day today. Holy cow! Plus, a really cool VW Bug with a Subaru motor and drive trail in it.

CTR SHARK

First Name
karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sunday or Wed works for me as as its on my way from work. However, I remember meeting at the Lawrence and El Camino way back for car meets... is it still a friendly place to park?

Also, there's a Barnels and Nobles off Stevens Creek and Santa Tomas EXpressway HUGE back parking lot, with prime competition from amazon it should be pretty empty as well.

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
Sunday or Wed works for me as as its on my way from work. However, I remember meeting at the Lawrence and El Camino way back for car meets... is it still a friendly place to park?

Also, there's a Barnels and Nobles off Stevens Creek and Santa Tomas EXpressway HUGE back parking lot, with prime competition from amazon it should be pretty empty as well.
B&N is car storage and what’s left is usually full or nearly so.

Starbucks is still a friendly place. OSH is long gone too.

CTR SHARK

First Name
karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Forgot that B & N are using that lot for cars now. I'm cool with the Starbucks, just stained memories from my youth of cars being towed for barely revving down the entrance into the parking lot

(sure most were mustangs/SRT4, subbies)

Project-09373

First Name
Chris B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RD7 | FK8 | YZF-R1
Country flag
So, it looks like it will be rainy and wet on Wednesday. Which mean my CTR won’t be leaving the garage... I’m still down to meet everyone and still keep this going, if you all are.

CTR SHARK

First Name
karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
which also means ill save that car wash for later in the week lol. Down to meet up as well, seen quite a few CTRs in the triangle of (sunnyvale/santa clara/san jose)
would be cool to make it a regular thing

Project-09373

First Name
Chris B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RD7 | FK8 | YZF-R1
Country flag
Lawrence Starbucks should be fine.
which also means ill save that car wash for later in the week lol. Down to meet up as well, seen quite a few CTRs in the triangle of (sunnyvale/santa clara/san jose)
would be cool to make it a regular thing
Yeah, same here– I'm do we have more interested for Wednesday? I can still be out there let say 7PM? Lawrence starbucks off El Camino in Santa Clara?

bakingpancake

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2018
Country flag
Aghhhh I hate the rain. Still on stock all season for my Si. Fuckn garbage in wet conditions :dunno: Hoping to get summer tires soon but that also means I can't push it when it's wet too haha.

Project-09373

First Name
Chris B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RD7 | FK8 | YZF-R1
Country flag
Aghhhh I hate the rain. Still on stock all season for my Si. Fuckn garbage in wet conditions :dunno: Hoping to get summer tires soon but that also means I can't push it when it's wet too haha.
Nice– So, I would be down to come out if we have a couple of us confirm. Figure we could grab some Starbucks and shoot the shit for a little bit.

CTR SHARK

First Name
karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
ill stop by, dreading the traffic in that area at that time. but count me in! would like to meet more local Xgen civics

@bakingpancake how does all season suck in the rain? I would think it would be designed for more wet climate. But I feel it, new rubber on the feet always is noticeable.

bakingpancake

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2018
Country flag
I'll try to stop by (most of my finals are presentations anyways :p), only seen a handful of Type R's in the bay. Would love to see one up front haha.

ill stop by, dreading the traffic in that area at that time. but count me in! would like to meet more local Xgen civics

@bakingpancake how does all season suck in the rain? I would think it would be designed for more wet climate. But I feel it, new rubber on the feet always is noticeable.
It's just the eagle sports that comes with the Si. A few people also complain about the stock tires, not the best all seasons there is.

Project-09373

First Name
Chris B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RD7 | FK8 | YZF-R1
Country flag
I’ll be out there around 6:30PM. I’ll park in the back and If the weather let’s up, I’ll take the CTR. Otherwise, I’ll be in a RAV4. Lol.

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
I plan on heading over as the rain should stop by then.
Sponsored